Duck gun advice/opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck gun advice/opinions

I love to waterfowl hunt but don't get to do it nearly as much as I would like.

Trying to get my oldest son into the outdoors more, he has such a busy sports schedule and just isn't that into deer hunting. I think duck hunting is something we could enjoy together so I was thinking on giving him my current waterfowl rig, a Beretta A300 Outlander and upgrading a little bit

Tried on some guns yesterday and really liked the A400 Xtreme, liked the fit, finish and function, over the Benelli SBE II

I have zero issues or complaints about the A300 outlander, but it seems like the A400 is just a gun with more features. The A350 from what I understand is just the Outlander that can shoot a 3.5" shell which I won't shoot.

Anyone have any experience with the A400 and is it worth the extra $1000 to buy over another Outlander? This is going to be a 3-4 times a year shotgun more than likely unless he really gets into it and we go more, I haven't been duck hunting for two years now so if he doesn't get into it, it will probably be a 1 or 2 times a year gun going forward.

You taking these guns to the salt??

Comment

I love my A400. It's the only shotgun I've ever owned though so I have nothing to compare it to.

Comment

I dont think you can go wrong with any of the above. Im a diehard benelli man. But that being said i own several browning to and wouldnt hesitate to buy a berretta if i like the fit of them. Benelli fits me the best i shoot it the best and ive had zero complaints out of any of the ones i own.

IMO i would go with what he likes fit and feel wise.

Comment

If you don't care about 3.5", look at the new A300 Ultima. It has the big bolt handle, raised rib, bigger bolt release, and kickoff system like the A400, at half the price. What you get with the A400 is a newer gas system with a rotating bolt, recoil spring under the handguard instead of in the buttstock, and "better" chokes. Both are good guns, pick the one that feels best.
          Last edited by jdg13; 09-22-2022, 01:31 PM.

Comment

You can’t go wrong with the 3 B’s. Beretta, Benelli, or Browning. Just depends on what you want to spend.

Comment

I have owned 2 Baretta Xtrema II in the last 15 years, I have purchased 3 Baretta Xtrema II’s (1 for each of my sons) and last year I purchased what might be my last Everything (ducks, geese, pheasant, dove, quail, etc) gun - it is a Baretta A 400 Plus. My brother owns a Baretta A300 and all I can say is “the A400 is definitely worth the extra money.”

Comment

I just bought a Browning Cynergy Wicked Wing and it feels awesome and shoots great. Hopefully to take it duck hunting this season. It is an Over/Under instead of a Semi-Auto but love it so far!!

Comment

For the amount you are using it, I don't think the A400 is worth it. I'd be looking at the A300 Ultima.

Comment

I just bought a new A400 Extreme and my son shoots the A300 Outlander. Both are great guns. The A400 is taking some getting used to..that sucker shoots fast.

Comment

If the 300 feels as good or better, I would go 300. I feel the 300 is a better gun. I have had the 400 series guns. Just think the 300 is better. Save a grand for shells etc.

Comment

Check out the Winchester SX4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a Beretta A400 xtreme plus and dont look back

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            If the 300 feels as good or better, I would go 300. I feel the 300 is a better gun. I have had the 400 series guns. Just think the 300 is better. Save a grand for shells etc.

This guy knows. I will also say look at the benelli montefeltro. I shoot mine over my SBE2 and SBE3 all of the time.

Either way can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                              I just bought a Browning Cynergy Wicked Wing and it feels awesome and shoots great. Hopefully to take it duck hunting this season. It is an Over/Under instead of a Semi-Auto but love it so far!!
                              Yes! I have just bout the same gun!!

Comment

Working...
                              X