hurricane season 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    We need some more rain, but honesty, I wish my pond would dry up so i could possible fix the leak in it with several loads of clay. Other than that if it rains and does not go dry, I will figure something out. No bad storms for anyone, but serious rain if needed.
    Get you several bags of bentonite and dump it in the water. It will usually sink down and find where the leak is if there's one and seal it up.

Some people take general statements about weather way to **** personal.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
      There's a lot of butt hurt going on here. For the record I had 5' of water in my house from Harvey, I also don't care what somebody wishes would happen regarding the weather on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
        A hurricane that does damage to thousands of people on the coast isn't worth you getting out of a drought....tough. I live in Houston and wouldn't trade a major hurricane in between Houston and Lake Charles for buckets of rain on my parents ranch in Tilden, and they wouldn't either! We had a major drought going on in Tilden but guess what, it started raining and everything is green again. Your time will come, hopefully not at the hands of a major hurricane. Maybe you should have moved to an area that gets good annual rainfall.
        Since you are offering suggestions on moving, maybe you should move away.from the coast. Maybe you should move away from a place that has annual hurricanes? I mean, just saying. Why does he have to move but you don't? Should he move to the coast so he can get good rainfall from a tropical depression or hurricane? Or better yet, why don't you tell him where to buy a house. What about all the people in fire danger because of the drought? Are you wishing them to stay in danger because you don't want a hurricane? See, it works both ways pal. You want them to stay in a drought and fire danger, so you don't have to experience a hurricane. Devastation goes both ways.

My dad is a farmer/rancher. We are in a drought in Cemtral Texas. Do we need rain? YES. Do hurricanes bring rain to us? YES. Do I have ill wishes on those who might be in the path of a hurricane? HELL NO. Do my wishes actually have any bearing on the weather? ABSOLUTELY FREAKING NOT. Do I want our cattle and hay to survive? YES. Does that mean I want destruction for you? NOPE.

And I am dropping the mic!
        Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 09-15-2022, 08:26 PM.

Comment

It seems like every year, Central TX folks are begging for rain at certain points and ask for tropical weather, while the folks on the coast, obvioulsy don't want that.

I've lived on the Coast my whole life. Bottom line, the Coastal plains region of the State receives upwards to 40 inches of rain per year. Much of that is not from the tropics, just showers off the gulf. Go inland a couple hundred miles and the annual rain fall totals decrease significantly. Heck, Central TX would have all types of flooding with that type of rain fall.

I'd be interested to know what the average annual rain fall received in central TX is actually attributed to tropical weather; i.e. hurricans, tropical storms and depressions. Does anyone know this answer? My assumption is the current drought situation is not necessarily due to the lack of coastal tropical weather.

Comment

Guys, there’s bigger fish. Why the hail are y’all having a pizzing match over someone wanting or not wanting any amount of rain or someone’s decision to live where they live. You’re bitching about something completely out of our hands and wasting a lot of breath/keystrokes. Let’s relax, take a breath and keep this thread about keeping our attention to the tropics.

Comment

Amen

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              Guys, there’s bigger fish. Why the hail are y’all having a pizzing match over someone wanting or not wanting any amount of rain or someone’s decision to live where they live. You’re bitching about something completely out of our hands and wasting a lot of breath/keystrokes. Let’s relax, take a breath and keep this thread about keeping our attention to the tropics.
              I agree

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                I grew up and lived near the coast. When I became an adult on my own, I moved outta dodge and to the country where I can shoot deer/pigs off the back porch or outta the pool

We need some rain and like many people around here, we would like a hurricane to get outta the drought.

Sorry this offended some
                If a wildfire would burn y'all out, you could move to the saturated coast.

I can't take much more moisture

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  I grew up and lived near the coast. When I became an adult on my own, I moved outta dodge and to the country where I can shoot deer/pigs off the back porch or outta the pool

We need some rain and like many people around here, we would like a hurricane to get outta the drought.

Sorry this offended some
                  I live near the coast AND can shoot deer/pigs from the back porch or outta the pool. I’d prefer you to stay in drought over my community flooding again, but wish you the best in getting some non-tropical rain. Looks like you traded one weather problem for another.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    If a wildfire would burn y'all out, you could move to the saturated coast.

I can't take much more moisture
                    Kinda my thinking. The whole “you guys are dumb for living in the hurricane zone, and also my crops aren’t growing where I chose to live because we don’t get enough rain” statements are kinda ironic.

Comment

Well said.

Rwc

Comment

Well said Mr Sackett! People just have to biatch about something I guess.

Comment

The guessers this morning are saying it's going east.
                          GOM is clear...

Comment

It's over... Close thread.. This high pressure put a dampener on what's left.. Thank you LORD.. Now pray for wet cold fronts and a wet winter. We can all benefit from that without billions in destruction!!!!
                            I can't remember a time the gulf was so quiet the entire season!!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                              Get you several bags of bentonite and dump it in the water. It will usually sink down and find where the leak is if there's one and seal it up.

It's a pretty common problem in our society these days. All gotta be offended about something.

Comment

Google machine says Texas has only been hit by 2 hurricanes in October since 1900

Comment

Working...
                                X