No announcement yet.

Skid steer brush cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

run a standard flow blue diamond open face brush cutter, it’s a beast.
    Attached Files

Comment

High flow option on a SVL75 is not the same gallons per minute and hydraulic psi as on the larger SVL95 so your brush cutter option is limited to standard flow or one that capable of handling the enhanced “high flow”. You still have many good brush cutter options and manufacturers for your SVL75 some that have been mentioned here but don’t buy a true a high flow brushcutter and expect it to be compatible with your machine.

Hydraulic system comparison on a SVL75’and SVL95

Aux. hydraulic flow Std./High
      gpm ( /min.)
      17.4 (66.0) / 29.3 (110.9)
      23.1 (87.6) / 40.0 (152)
      Aux. hydraulic pressure psi (kgf/cm2)
      3185 (224.0)
      3553 (249.8)

The brushcutter you choose can be rated up to 29.3 gallons per minute and 3185 psi. The open front brush cutters in that range will give you very good performance. Conversely don’t run an attachment rated for 20 gallons per minute on 29.3 gpm unless you are prepared to spend money on a new hydraulic motor.

Two recommendations:
      Be very careful working around fence rows. Old wire left around by past repairs will quickly wrap in to your cutter requiring hours of wire cutting time with pliers.

Brush cutters are impact tools. When they hit rocks, they throw sparks which can start fires.

I hope this helps. Brush cutters are very productive.

You didn’t state whether you have a cab or not. I hope you have a cab with a lexan front door.

Comment

My unit has the HD impact door, 325g High flow. Really leaning toward Rut terminator XP after talking to them, a person that has one and watching their videos. Price is def reasonable as well.

Comment

Been running a Blue Diamond extreme duty "closed front" on a Kubota SVL65-2. Both are standard flow. It is an absolute beast, consistently taking out 4" trees and other brush with it. Have had 0 issues with it. Running an open cab so you have to pay attention to the angle of the cutter so it doesn't throw anything back on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
            Been running a Blue Diamond extreme duty "closed front" on a Kubota SVL65-2. Both are standard flow. It is an absolute beast, consistently taking out 4" trees and other brush with it. Have had 0 issues with it. Running an open cab so you have to pay attention to the angle of the cutter so it doesn't throw anything back on you.
            Closed cab is a must for me, we have tons of poison oak, open cab shredding is a mistake I won't make again, also been hit by debri and thats not fun either. Blue diamond def looks like a great unit, just don't know that it is a $4,000 better unit especially for non commercial use.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              Closed cab is a must for me, we have tons of poison oak, open cab shredding is a mistake I won't make again, also been hit by debri and thats not fun either. Blue diamond def looks like a great unit, just don't know that it is a $4,000 better unit especially for non commercial use.
              I chuckled to myself when I read this. We have lot of poison oak/ivy as well and I have paid the price for it, even with long pants, sleeves and gloves I still manage to get it everytime. The unit I am using is a commercial unit that I rent from a guy locally. However, we are looking at purchasing one now since we have seen what these machines are capable of and the endless attachments made for them. I WILL put a lexan front shield on it if we do but one though.

Comment

Jenkins Super Duty Direct Drive!

Comment

For brush work, an enclosed cab is HIGHLY recommended for reasons already stated, but wasps, bee hives, and bumble bees will make you regret having an open cab.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                    Thank y’all. Should I go with a high flow cutter or standard flow? I assumed I’d go with high flow but some say that standard is just fine for a brush cutter
                    High flow.

Comment

Ok just got in my Rut Mfg Terminator XP, impressed with its build is an understatement. This thing is as HD as they come, the blades are slabs of steel, has mulching teeth in bottom of the blade carrier which is huge, hydro motor is huge and the structure is min 1/4”. This thing is almost too heavy for my 325g. They shipped it straight to my ranch on freight truck for “free”. After looking at several different models I don’t think you will find a better unit especially at their price. Was almost half the cost of some of the other big names. Left small deposit and it was built and shipped inside of 3 weeks. Look them up.

Comment

That’s a great looking cutter and I really like the “mulching” teeth on the bottom plate.

Comment

Ok just got in my Rut Mfg Terminator XP, impressed with its build is an understatement. This thing is as HD as they come, the blades are slabs of steel, has mulching teeth in bottom of the blade carrier which is huge, hydro motor is huge and the structure is min 1/4”. This thing is almost too heavy for my 325g. They shipped it straight to my ranch on freight truck for “free”. After looking at several different models I don’t think you will find a better unit especially at their price. Was almost half the cost of some of the other big names. Left small deposit and it was built and shipped inside of 3 weeks. Look them up.
                          Sending you a PM. Looking at same brush cutter.

Comment

I’ll be interested to hear how that one holds up, because my Bradco Ground Shark Extreme is a POS and is coming apart again. From looking on the website, that one doesn’t look any heavier duty than the Bradco, but it is half the price. I’ve never been more disappointed in a piece of equipment than I am the Ground Shark.

Comment

I ended up going with a Jenkins. It has been a good unit for my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                                Thank y’all. Should I go with a high flow cutter or standard flow? I assumed I’d go with high flow but some say that standard is just fine for a brush cutter
                                High flow for sure. I had a 18’ SVL75-2 with Landpride brush cutter (I’ll figure out model in a bit). It was high flow, and worked awesome. Used it quite a bit at my brother in laws place. One time he rented a low version, and it SUCKED. Sam exact models besides high flow and low flow, and the low flow wasn’t even capable of half of the high flow. It was a glorified push mower IMO. He stuck to waiting on my machine after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X