Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a bush that smells like a skunk when shredded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a bush that smells like a skunk when shredded?

Yesterday I was mowing an overgrown pasture that’s usually very soggy. Had to slowly back up towards ponds that had some bushes growing around them. After shredding one at the water’s edge there was suddenly a foul odor in the air. I couldn’t see any bits and pieces left behind that looked like a skunk or any other animal. Could it have been the bush or whatever it’s called? I was under pressure to finish before nightfall so there wasn’t any time to take pictures of the bushes. Thankful the tractor didn’t get stuck in the mud.
    Attached Files

Weed that smells like a skunk?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

You brush hogged someone’s soon to be harvested summer grow!

Comment

I’ve got a plant that when I shred it stinks like body odor. I believe it’s the goat weed.

Comment

skunk weed

Comment

You probably mowed over some ditch weed.

Comment

Baby skunk maybe? I've nearly stepped on them when walking tall grass. They about the size of a kitten. And that shredder wouldn't leave much left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Weed that smells like a skunk?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Baby skunk maybe? I've nearly stepped on them when walking tall grass. They about the size of a kitten. And that shredder wouldn't leave much left behind.

This^^^.

Comment

Hmm
                    Whats that smell.

Comment

Skunk cabbage grows in wet areas next to lakes and swamps. When you break the leaves they smell like a skunk. Broad green leaves

Comment

Skunk weed can smell like a skunk, but not for very long and not nearly as strong as a live skunk. I agree with Craw, yes, you probably shredded that. Baby skunks will be nearly grown now.

Comment

I'm in Colorado... we have some that definitely smells like that.... lol

Comment

I was shredding some overgrown pasture and ran through a bunch of berry vines and got a good dose of skunk.

2 passes later I spied the remnants of skunk. Pretty sure it was dead before I shredded it but did not get off to investigate

Comment

Working...
                            X