Clothes coming out of the wash funky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clothes coming out of the wash funky?

Odd problem, but has anyone experienced this? We have tried different detergents and washer/dryer clean-out methods, but our clothes still come out smelling musty.

Our washer and dryer are lower-end Frigidaires that came with our new build home two years ago. Wife wants new machines. I suggested we try scent-killer detergent.

Sometimes I run a wash cycle with just cap full of bleach and an extra rinse.
    You can try adding 1/2 cup vinegar to the laundry.

Comment

Our front load Samsung washer has the same problem. After researching it the problems in the gaskets, it’s holds the odor and gunk. My wife cleans it often but i think we are going back to top loads...

Comment

Leave the door open on the washer after it runs To dry out and I agree on a bleach run as well

Comment

I usually run a load of vinegar and bleach about once a month, seems to help.

Comment

Samsung front load. Clothes flat stink.

Comment

There such a thing as (Washing Machine Cleaner) and it works ...Amazon got it

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                Samsung front load. Clothes flat stink.
                There should be a panel on the bottom to pop open. Inside theyre should be a screw cap that will unscrew and have all kinds of funky stuff Inside. Have towels down because it'll have some water Inside. Clean that out then run a gallon of vinegar and bleach thru without clothes. I just pour both Inside and run a cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                  There such a thing as (Washing Machine Cleaner) and it works ...Amazon got it
                  This and let it dry after each wash.

Comment

Leave it open when done to dry out seals and gaskets.

Comment

Use half the detergent as recommended.worked for mine till I got rid of them. They don't rinse out the detergent good and drying the clothes with detergent still there causes the funk. With towels, add about 1/3 cup of vinegar to the softener port.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                        Leave it open when done to dry out seals and gaskets.
                        This is what we do as well. Both washer and dryer are always open unless they are in use.

Comment

If clothes sit more than half a day I can smell it.

Comment

Obama is to blame..... changed the regs on the amount of water a washer can use

No shi t. He’s at fault

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                              This is what we do as well. Both washer and dryer are always open unless they are in use.
                              I do the opposite....Dryer is connected to outside. No need to leave open. Washer reaks when left open. I close lid immediately after use. Vinegar. lemon juice help drastically

Comment

Working...
                              X