Admin Fee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin Fee?

Why would TPWD need to charge an admin fee to put in for a Big Time TX Hunt? I know $5 is not much but when the chance itself is only $9, that fee is 55% of the price. That's a pretty big tax. I guess I won't be complaining if I win but I can't help it. I'm a cheap Meskin.
    Attached Files

I don’t apply for those hunts, so I don’t know, but is that $5 fee the same if you apply for one or 20 of them?
    If it is, might be just to get you to apply for more than one. Ya know, to make you feel your getting your money worth!!

Comment

Might be a charge for buying online?

Comment

Because they can.

Comment

The $5 fee is for the transaction, not per chance. I bought 10 chances and my fee was $5.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            Might be a charge for buying online?
            This, it’s the same if you buy your license online.

Comment

Why does Ticketmaster charge fees when they sell tickets online? Because they can.

Comment

Offset the cost of credit card fees.. Payment processing software cost.. etc

Comment

Somebody has to sit behind a computer and process that data.

Comment

I.been chatting with Kathy with TPWD who process these hunts and provide the area. Some of this fee goes toward the lands purchase (like the powderhorn). The fee is per transaction- not each permit. TPWD outsourcing the processing to a vendor with all the computer equipment. Just like when we as hunters purchase our hunting licenses (% of that goes to our state), same as these hunt permits. Online permits are $10ea +fee.
                    We as Texas hunters are really benefiting from these, even though we can't fully understand how it works out. The next-generation gets places to hunt without having to spent $$$$ on leases (we all know.lease ate expensive to join then cost of stands, corn, food plots)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X