Ouachita mountains Arkansas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouachita mountains Arkansas??

A buddy and I are kicking the idea around of going to the Ouachita mountains in Arkansas to bow hunt next year. We'd be hunting public land and neither of us has been. Does anyone have any experience or advise on this area?? We'd be hunting deer.
    Thanks in advance

Listen carefully for the sounds of the woods, but especially listen carefully for the banjos!

Comment

Holler at, aka PM, Glocker. He lives and hunts thereabouts. Ive been wanting to go that way for a while.

Good luck Wood5.

Comment

Interested is the same areas to maybe make a trip myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to Lake Catherine state park and camped and hiked for a couple days about a month ago. It’s just outside Hot Springs. Hiked in the Ouachita National Forest. I didn’t see much deer sign but asked one of the park rangers about the hunting. She said lots of people deer hunt around there. I’m more interested in the turkey hunting though. She said not many people turkey hunt it. She also said they see a few bears every now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Listen carefully for the sounds of the woods, but especially listen carefully for the banjos!
            Dat ain’t fair.

The washataw mountains has some great hiking and camping too.

Comment

I killed a buck in there in college back in 2011. Had a few good ones on camera and killed a nice 10 pt.

Comment

I hunted there a few years in college. Never saw one big enough for me to kill, not even ones every one else shot and it seemed like there was a tree stand every 100 yards. Buy a climber where you can just get in any tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                  Dat ain’t fair.

The washataw mountains has some great hiking and camping too.
                  ...and some great banjo pickers!

Comment

I wanna black bear hunt

Comment

I know a guy who owns land butting up to pubic he kills some very nice deer and quite a few turkeys.

Comment

Working...
                      X