No announcement yet.

Tree saddle hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about something that doesn’t require screws due to public land?

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
      I’ve been hunting out of saddles for 7 years, and the two guys I hunt with have been in them for 10+ each.

I won’t use anything else. I have a lone wolf assault that has been hanging in the close collecting dust for 6 years. I started with a few different DIY saddles and ended up upgrading to tethrd when they started up. I am running the Tethrd Phantom, Predator platform, and modified hawk helium sticks this season. I plan on picking up a set of 4 Tethrd One climbing sticks after season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Me too. Need to start saving $$$ today.[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
        I’ve been hunting out of saddles for 7 years, and the two guys I hunt with have been in them for 10+ each.

I won’t use anything else. I have a lone wolf assault that has been hanging in the close collecting dust for 6 years. I started with a few different DIY saddles and ended up upgrading to tethrd when they started up. I am running the Tethrd Phantom, Predator platform, and modified hawk helium sticks this season. I plan on picking up a set of 4 Tethrd One climbing sticks after season is over.

Hey man I was REALLY looking forward to the class your were putting together and this stupid COVID crap killed that, any chance you will try again after season?

I really want to move into a saddle but have questions and since no trade shows this year it has made it harder for my decision on what gear to go with

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
          Hey man I was REALLY looking forward to the class your were putting together and this stupid COVID crap killed that, any chance you will try again after season?

I really want to move into a saddle but have questions and since no trade shows this year it has made it harder for my decision on what gear to go with

If you haven’t already, check out saddlehunter.com lots of great info there with good classified section but the stuff goes quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
            Doesn't look comfortable for an all day or extended hunt. Anyone have experience? Need it from someone preferably an older dude like me.
            Arrowsmith would know for sure, he is no spring chicken himself. Sorry Mike!!!

Comment

I just got a JX3 & this thing is nice!

Comment

Originally posted by helical View Post
                Do they work well in twisted oaks? Do you have to have a certain length of relatively straight tree? Thx.
                I LOVE sitting gnarly trees in a saddle. You end up with so much cover that you can almost dance around and not be picked off!

Doesn't look comfortable for an all day or extended hunt. Anyone have experience? Need it from someone preferably an older dude like me.
                I just did 13 hours straight in a Tethrd Phantom for the Oklahoma opener.

Hopefully we can put one together. I don’t know how much they’re going to be wanting to keep pushing big in-person events like the Teach-N-Train events due to the logistics cost of getting everything across country. At the very least, I hope to get together with several guys and do some kind of Dallas area meet up regardless.

Comment

I run 4x hawk heliums 20" 2 steps with 1 step amsteel aiders, predator platform, and tethrd phantom saddle. In my opinion. Y pack isn't any lighter than running my lonewolf stand. The advantages come with maneuverability to shoot 360 degrees around a tree and keep the tree between you and the deer. With a stand, you are where you are, stuck sticking out into the open.
                  Attached Files

Comment

How long on average are most of you guys sitting?

Comment

I'm still a little skeptical too. Lets see some of those big deer killed out of them instead of just dudes slinging in them.
                      Last edited by asu-indian; 10-04-2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I'm still a little skeptical too. Lets see some of those big deer killed out of them instead of just dudes slinging in them.
                        I agree with this. I’d like to see the kills done from a tree saddle.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tree saddle hunting?

I like all day sits, and have done them for 20-30% of my sits for about 5 years, and with diy saddles. I sat 13 hours in a Tethrd Phantom on Thursday.

see below

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
                            I agree with this. I’d like to see the kills done from a tree saddle.

^^^^^^
                            I shot this public land P&Y out of a diy sit drag saddle last year...

Last edited by IkemanTX; 10-04-2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Ya cause we all know real hunters sit in a barker lounger in a heated box with a thermos of coffee and a box of cinnamon rolls and stare at a feeder until straight up 9am.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                                Ya cause we all know real hunters sit in a barker lounger in a heated box with a thermos of coffee and a box of cinnamon rolls and stare at a feeder until straight up 9am.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Lmao!!!!!!! This made my night.

Comment

Working...
                                X