Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone spare a couple boxes of premium .308 hunting ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone spare a couple boxes of premium .308 hunting ammo?

Folks in the Houston area especially, even be willing to drive a bit. I sure do need a couple boxes of good hunting ammo for my .308 Win. I thought I had some and haven't used the rifle in a few years, but all I have is A-Max bullets which is target only.

About any brand with good bullets in 150-168 gr I could make work.

Thanks!
    Charlie

Will any of these work Charlie??

Start at the bottom & work up as the top is mostly fmj / plinker.

Comment

Saw some available online at cabelas this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        https://ammoseek.com/ammo/308-winchester

Will any of these work Charlie??

Start at the bottom & work up as the top is mostly fmj / plinker.

Paul,
        Thank you sir!! Ordered me 5 boxes! That's a great link! I used to have it but forgot it and lost it from my bookmarks some time back! Got 'er captured again!
        Thx, again!

Comment

Just fyi, Amax are fantastic hunting rounds even though they are supposed to be "target bullets"

Comment

I’ve had the same experience as Javelin, Amax has outperformed SST’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
              Just fyi, Amax are fantastic hunting rounds even though they are supposed to be "target bullets"
              This is true and even documented by some that have far more time on their hands than I do. Great hunting rounds, especially lung shots.

Comment

Well my intended target is a big South Texas buck (if he doesn't cooperate with me to shoot him with my bow)... We've had several taken this year with various calibers in the .270, 6.5CM, 6.8SPC, etc and these big bodied deer take those rounds and even with a solid shoulder hit, it doesn't seem to knock 'em down... We haven't lost a deer yet, but last week my grandson got his first buck with my 6.8 with a 120 gr. bullet and absolutely zero blood on the ground. Fortunately it was a solid hit and he didn't go far, but it was at night and I found him by just making circles around his suspected path. His heart was severed from the plumbing and the deer's lungs were mush... no exit hole and after he was skinned, you couldn't even tell where he was shot except a small red dot in the shoulder at the entry wound... That made me a bit nervous about shooting the deer I'm after with that gun... so I'm stepping up the horsepower a bit...

Appreciate all the feedback guys!!

Comment

I might be able to spare a box of Remington core lokt if interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                    I might be able to spare a box of Remington core lokt if interested?

Thank you sir! If the stuff I ordered does not come in on time, I’ll be in touch. It’s much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Thank you sir! If the stuff I ordered does not come in on time, I’ll be in touch. It’s much appreciated.

Np

Comment

Run the Amax!!! If you are hunting deer and pigs you'll be thrilled. They shine, especially in a cartridge like the .308, running at a modest velocity, they do what they are supposed to, every time.

Specifically I've run the .308, 168gr Amax and killed everything from blackbuck up to a cull Red Stag-- one shot and done.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Folks in the Houston area especially, even be willing to drive a bit. I sure do need a couple boxes of good hunting ammo for my .308 Win. I thought I had some and haven't used the rifle in a few years, but all I have is A-Max bullets which is target only.

About any brand with good bullets in 150-168 gr I could make work.

Thanks!
                          Charlie

You could go with the A-Max. When LeanMachine was shooting his .308 Winchester he put a lot of critters dead in the dirt with that bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What'd you end up going with?

Comment

Fed. Powwer-shock 150 gr.

Comment

Working...
                              X