Serious question about tattoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious question about tattoos

If tattoos represent something special and significant to the tattooee, then why put it on your back where you cant see it? ...or on the back of your calf? It it represents something special, why not put it where you can see it all the time, or at least when you look in the mirror?

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    If tattoos represent something special and significant to the tattooee, then why put it on your back where you cant see it? ...or on the back of your calf? It it represents something special, why not put it where you can see it all the time, or at least when you look in the mirror?

Size and complexity has something to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Room for others, I have 11 but none really mean anything I was young and in the army thought it was cool at the time. Early and mid 90’s.

Comment

Are you planning to get some on your lower back and ankles?

Comment

I can only speak for myself...I put mine where I can see it at all times unless I wear long sleeves. I reversed it knowing/thinking others may ask about it and I wouldn’t have to turn my arm upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
            Size and complexity has something to do with it.

If it can fit on one's back, it can fit on one's chest. Again, why have it if it can't be seen?

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            I can only speak for myself...I put mine where I can see it at all times unless I wear long sleeves. I reversed it knowing/thinking others may ask about it and I wouldn’t have to turn my arm upside down.

Exactly, and I know why you have yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
              Are you planning to get some on your lower back and ankles?
              No, because I couldn't see it there.

Comment

I have my back ,ankles,calf’s,chest,fingers and two sleeved out arms . Everyone means something to me . I don’t have to see them all the time to know they are there . But each one has a special meaning to me . To me it’s not just the tattoo it’s the experience of getting it . It very therapeutic for me.

Comment

If it can fit on one's back, it can fit on one's chest. Again, why have it if it can't be seen?

Exactly, and I know why you have yours.

Well, a big thing is the curves of the body there. If your design flows with the shape of your chest, yes I agree. But, not only do you factor size of the piece, you also factor the shape and contour of people’s bodies as well.

Comment

No, because I couldn't see it there.
                    So what are you planning on getting?

We had a guy at work that had been in the pen for several years. He had tattoos of naked women all over his back. We're pretty sure we knew why they were there.

Comment

It’s kinda like a shirt with design on the back. You know it’s there, you know what it means, you just want others to see it , and many people don’t want to make eye contact with you and may not look close enough on the front of you to get the full effect or long enough to know or get the effect of what it is. People feel more comfortable “ staring” when they think you can’t see or won’t notice them doing it.

Comment

Tattoos don’t require special meaning..

Comment

I want to see them but not necessarily every second of every day. And whether I should or not, I care what other people think about me having tattoos so I prefer not to lead with them.

Comment

This one is where I can see it every day. My best friend who I grew up with and was like a brother passed away in a motorcycle wreck. He was in the navy and stationed in California. I think of that guy everyday!
                            Attached Files

Comment

That is why I am going to put one on my wife's face.

Comment

Working...
                              X