Phone scams on the rise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone scams on the rise.

Corona has brought the miscreants out in droves. My spam\scam calls and texts are up 60%. Just got this gem of a text.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve been getting them almost daily. I have to assume that people fall for that, otherwise they wouldn’t be doing them. But for the life of me, I can’t understand why anyone would click a link that they receive through text or email

Comment

Y'all get the Target Circle special account confirmation texts that will allow your new account at Target stores to activate?... As ol' Hank would say, I'd like to spit some beechnut in that dude's eye an shoot 'em with my ol' 45!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Y'all get the Target Circle special account confirmation texts that will allow your new account at Target stores to activate?... As ol' Hank would say, I'd like to spit some beechnut in that dude's eye an shoot 'em with my ol' 45!!
        Lol, 3x already!!

Comment

If you have AT&T try this

Comment

I remember one time getting a call from a scam about irs taxes. I called back continually just to have some fun. I kept getting a girl on the line. I finally said my name is Wyatt Earp. Then the call went silent and a man’s voice came on the line. He said, “I’m gonna pass your phone number to everyone!” I started laughing at him on the phone. Told him he needed to do a better job with his scams.

Never got another call. Lol

Comment

I tried blocking the number but they keep texting from different number each time. PIA for sure. Does no good to block number, must be computer generated with random numbers. Anyone figures out how to stop this crap let me know. Getting 2 or 3 a day. I just delete and go on.

Comment

Well James did you click the link? How do you know it's a scam, USPS could really have an urgent package for you

Comment

It scares me how they know your name. I’ve had several txt messages from what appears to be citi bank wanting me to confirm information for an incoming deposit.

Comment

Got the same one

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                      It scares me how they know your name. I’ve had several txt messages from what appears to be citi bank wanting me to confirm information for an incoming deposit.
                      Maybe it’s that inheritance from your long lost cousin, the Nigerian Prince!

Comment

Get a couple of those a month these days.

Comment

I keep getting political texts. “Can we count on you in this years election blah blah”. Delete those as soon as I get them.

Comment

Got this email again this morning. 4th time this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                              Got this email again this morning. 4th time this week.

I get that one, and Netflix, every 2-3 days....guess they aren't aware that I don't have an account on either of those platforms but at least this approach I can kind of understand someone clicking on the link. I would think most people these days are cognizant of the fact that these scams exist, but there are people who don't think and fall for it

Comment

Working...
                              X