Any trappers on the green screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any trappers on the green screen?

Just wondering if we have any fellow trappers on the green screen. If so what is your favorite animals to trap?

My favorite animals to catch are bobcats.But unfortunately I'm pretty good at catching skunks most of the time.I catch raccoons during December and around January is when I start catching cats.
    Last edited by okrattler; 11-12-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Cool. What do you use to catch the bobcats? I can catch raccoons, possums, and of course skunks, but never can catch a bobcat or coyote.

Comment

I've been wanting to get into it for awhile.

Comment

Its a blast. It takes patience and luck and some work but it is a BLAST!!!

Comment

Ive caught my fair share of cats and yotes. I use scents with coil spring traps

Comment

Bobcats. Use a sent post set with coilspring trap.

I haven't trapped them for awhile because the price of their hide isn't worth my time!
              Last edited by Flint knapper; 11-12-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Easiest way to catch a cat. Shoot a rabbit. Dig a hole deep enough for the entire rabbit to fit in. Preferably up next to a tree. Drag rabbit from about 10 yards straight to the hole. Try and leave a blood trail. Place rabbit in the hole. Get a few bigger logs and stack a few up in the shape of a v. Bigger logs work better than sticks. Wont fall over if cat climbs on them. Place ur fav size trap about a foot from the hole. Since you are next to the tree burry the chain and tie the chain off to the tree. I also burry my trap. I kinda curl my trap in the shape of a u. But I cut piece of brown paper bag the size of the Inner diameter of the set trap. Sprinkle fine loose dirt over the Paper. Avoid small rock/stick/clumps of dirt. You Don't want anything to jam up the trap from fully closing. Be careful you are basically making a hair trigger. Keep fingers out of the way just in case you set the trap off. Place a trail cam up in the tree. Come back tom with your fav .22 pistol and kill your cat.
                Last edited by donfish84; 11-12-2011, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Trapped for years back when there was enough in it to pay but the price of fur went south and I gave it up..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                    Trapped for years back when there was enough in it to pay but the price of fur went south and I gave it up..
                    Roger on that. Still a fun way to "hunt" varmints.

Comment

we trap every time we go up to the ranch. We use snares spring traps usually we catch coons and possums and some times a coyote. we use sardines most of the time it seems to work the best

Comment

Has anybody every tried the feather on a string trick and did it work?

Comment

Wet dog food has worked great for coyotes. Catching coons is the easiest thing in the world if you have a tank with water. Set the trap on the edge of the tank just barely in the water. place some foil underneath the trigger. Use a stick To secure it under the trap. Then just hammer a stake in so the coon can't run off with your trap. Have seen 12 coons caught around a tank in one night.

Comment

How well does commercial cat baits work?

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
                              Has anybody every tried the feather on a string trick and did it work?
                              Seen a young cat get caught by this method. A turkey feather was used.

Comment

Working...
                              X