Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help wanted! 17 hmr scope suggestions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help wanted! 17 hmr scope suggestions???

I need to get a scope for my 17hmr and was wondering what other texasbowhunters were using out there. I saw a BSA sweet 17 scope I liked with adjustable elevation turret from 100-250 yrds but not familiar with the cheaply priced BSA scopes. i read some good and some bad reviews on it. Any other suggestions fellas?

marlin917vs carbon fiber stock
    Attached Files

Ive got a Leupold Rifleman on mine and love it...

Comment

Cabela's Pine Ridge .17 tactical with target dot good scope good price.

Comment

Vortex Crossfire......4-12x 40.....illuminated reticle

Comment

I have a Simmons whitetai. 4-12x42 AO that came off mine it is perfect for. It
          Mine was recaled by remmington

Ron

Comment

Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40

Comment

This is what I have on mine and I have been impressed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbabowhunter View Post
                Cabela's Pine Ridge .17 tactical with target dot good scope good price.
                x 2.... never been knocked off sight and shoots extremely well.... One of my sweetest shooting scope and gun combos. 5 shots inside a dime a 100 yards.
                turrets also work very well and accuracy out to 300 yards (with no wind.)

Kody

Comment

I've got a Nikon 3-10x40. I would serious look at the Vortex or Mueller.

Comment

Comment

I put a cheap BSA Catseye on mine, and it's been just fine. I can see just fine in low light and a spotlight makes it good even at night. The illuminated reticle does well for me also. I'm not a scope nazi, and don't even claim to know much, but I think the quality of a scope is most important when dealing with high recoil rifles, which the 17HMR is NOT.

Comment

Look Here:

Since 1986 we have been and remain an American Owned, Veteran Owned, Family owned and operated business of hard-working folks located here in south central Wisconsin.

Then give me a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by bjg View Post
                          Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40
                          x2

Comment

I have a Marlin 917 w/ heavy bull barrel and wood stock. I topped it w/ a BSA 4.5X16X44 w/ rheostat for illuminating reticles and its sweet. Like everyone else says, I can drive tacks at 100 yds. Shot it at 250 yds the other day and it has quite a bit of drop but very consistent. I was only shooting 17gr ammo too.

Comment

Vortex 4X12 Diamondback

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...ld-bdc-reticle

Comment

Working...
                              X