No announcement yet.

A SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE OLD SCHOOL TBH’ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good ol days,when the guys who used their first name as their screen name. I learned a lot & enjoyed it more back then when it was Michael, Les, Rudey, Keith, Ben, Deerslayer, DH30, Tuthdoc, RiverRat, Bayouboy, Larry, Charles and some others. These guys taught me just about everything I know when it comes to Bowhunting. There have newer members that have added their good name to my growing list. One thing is for certain, there's a few that need to be banned and some that need to be banned "again" and permanently. Wish we could vote on who gets banned

Sent from my HTC EVO.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
      Interesting. I never felt Allen was idolized for paving anything. I thought he was revered for facing death head on. Oh well.
      He was Ledgy!!!! Allen (TxRattler) DeCroo. Had a many of conversation with him back in the day. He was one helluva man to talk to. Very revered. By me for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post
        That's not me!

Ever seen Silence of the Lambs......
        Yep. Sorry I was in the truck on my computer. Sun had me!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidS View Post
          I'm sure it is! Falls into a 3/4" hole at about a 100 yards, huh?
          A little tighter with me shooting it.

Comment

I've been around, off and on, since around 2000 or so. The good old days weren't always good. Nor were the good old days "always" better. However, I do feel like the site has become much more divisive than it should be. We all have opinions and everyone feels like they need to share them, good or bad. The problem is when we feel like it's our way or the highway. In my decade of being here, I have received one infraction and that was my own fault and I have nobody to blame but myself.

The moderators do a pretty good job of making sure things run as smoothly as possible. But, there will always be people here that are hard to deal with. Just understand that it's a forum and we have a right to believe differently on various subjects.

Regardless of your political, social, ethnic, or religious upbringing, just understand that we don't always have to agree. Make rational arguments all you want but don't resort to name calling.

Todd

Comment

So Todd, what you are saying is, you would like to go hunt arrowheads with me? Let's go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                So Todd, what you are saying is, you would like to go hunt arrowheads with me? Let's go!!!
                Dangit....count me in too!

via Tapatalk....

Comment

Johnny. I'm in. Say when!

Comment

Johnny... check you PM...

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;4491276]TUCO....I can assure you that I am not offended by your thread. You won't be able to do that. Folks getting easily offended at the drop of the hat is what has caused a lot of this pseudo bad TBH vibe. It's a product of our society and it's a sad state of affairs. Continued posts highlighting how horrible TBH is just adds more fuel to the easily offended vocal minority's fire...IMO. Hell some of these "TBH is horrible" threads are started by some of TBH biggest pot stirrers and there are enough posters with glass houses in some of those threads to start a new city.

These posts are kinda like working a job that we love but we are surrounded by folks that hate what they do. We hear the complaining day after day about how much their job sucks and the everyday normal negativity. After years and years of hearing it, we, as individuals, can do one of two things....be easily influenced and drawn into their negative "I hate what I do" world and leave, or tune them out and continue on loving our job and being happy.

Look..TBH is a great place.....and has been since I got on here. I have only been around since 2005 (and I am sure some folks will say 1999 was different) but I can assure you that there were similar things going on then as there is now. I can remember watching members of TBH going at it like cats and dogs and now they are considered fine outstanding members of the community. (I will not name names)

How many folks remember DH30's infamous TBH "snack bar" before the big crash?.... the picture of every movie candy you can imagine and various softdrinks? That wasn't brought out daily or weekly because folks were agreeing and wanted to share a Dr. Pepper. It was brought out because folks were bickering about some subject much like they do today. We as individuals tend to block out the past negativity of yesteryear and only remember the good times. It's called "good old days syndrome." It's a strange phenomena we, as humans, are coded to.

People come and people go.....it happens when you have 11K members no matter what the reason is. Yes there are bumps in the road and folks need their hands slapped, myself included, but this place wears a clean white halo compared to 95% of the other internet forums available at your fingertips. If someone chooses to not take part, they are missing out....especially if they "loved their job and what they do."[QUOTE=Smart;4491276]

I think what Smart said truely puts it into perspective...

Comment

Old School when:
                        All modern archery equiptment was first designed by Breckgyver
                        We all made our own Olympus trail cameras
                        Every 4th Thread was a story by Trail Boss and some how towards the end of the story it always ended up with someone being naked.
                        Live Hunts (now refered to as a semi-live hunt) always seemed sad to read because if it could go wrong it did go wrong.......well I guess that has not changed much.
                        Oh yeah and Lip's hair was not grey and he was not a paint sniffer.

Comment

You know now really thinking about when I first got on here and the people who were regulars (some still are and some are long forgotten), it is funny to think we have seen kids grow up, guys get married....then divorced, guys and gals who have dissapeared and then re-appear, some of who have past away, others who are young and excited to learn all they can about the sport. Some guys have lost jobs, some have found jobs, some have moved out of state and others have move into Texas. I have enjoyed most all of it and still do. There are some threads that turn off course but for the most part the bulk of the group seems to have a good attitude and is somewhat like mined.
                          It truely shows a campfire mentality when I think my longest running thread lately was about non stick toilets.

Comment

Ok, enough lurking so I'll chime in.
                            When I was 1st introduced to this site I was completely jealous of some of the stories members were posting. I could not believe how powerful & long lasting some of the friendships had become. I am talking about groups & pairs of fellow hunters that grew in this sport together through trial & error, trying new things, rigging new equipment, & using some of the latest equipment inventions.
                            This site is the reason I still bowhunt today. I would have quit bowhunting several years ago if it were not for some of the insight & information I received from this site. Just one very small device on my bow put me back on my game.
                            TBH is like a warp speed path through the cliff notes to bowhunting.
                            TBH is a bretheren of primarily genuine, ethical, caring, & upstanding individuals from across a very impressive, vast, beautiful state.
                            JMHO

Comment

I was in Middle School when I was Old School. It's been an awesome ride.

Comment

I may not agree with all that you do, but I do respect you bro.!

Todd

Comment

Working...
                                X