No announcement yet.

2020 Mock Scrape Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a few pics from a scrape I made earlier in the fall. The licking branch is a piece of grape vine from home hanging with rope. The only scents used were my own. Every deer in the county seems to use this scrape now.....amazing!
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice pics Pelican, Im gonna try this grapevine thing

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
        I put a camera on video mode over a big scrape a couple weeks ago. I got a ton of good videos. 17 different bucks hit it during that time, probably half of which I didn’t have on other cameras fairly close by.

There didn’t seem to be any discernible pattern to when they were using it, but it was hit every couple of hours by something.

I leave EVERY camera on video mode now.
        Big memory cards and lithium batteries keep them running, and the video is much more helpful in understanding what the deer was doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just posted these in a thread I have going but thought I would share here.

Located on a field corner with a food plot and hand corn pen thats 30 yards away.

T-post, wire, and red oak limb is all I used.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice

Comment

I set up six grapevine licking branches/scrapes. Five of them are very active.

I killed this toad right before Thanksgiving

Comment

Elk? Who woulda thunk it!

I have got to do this. I get good pics using different scents, but this just seems so simple. Why do they go to a Grape vine? Somebody? Anybody, got an explanation?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Elk? Who woulda thunk it!

I have got to do this. I get good pics using different scents, but this just seems so simple. Why do they go to a Grape vine? Somebody? Anybody, got an explanation?
                  They prefer the vertical aspect. I find dozens a year on green briar clumps. They also like the free swinging and the weight and resistance vs a danty limb that’s trying to get away from them

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    They prefer the vertical aspect. I find dozens a year on green briar clumps. They also like the free swinging and the weight and resistance vs a danty limb that’s trying to get away from them
                    Ok. I know when I make a mock scrape, I bend or break a good piece of the limb downwards.
                    Well, Im sold on the Grape vine. gonna try that pretty soon.

Comment

Bowie county

Comment

Oh yeah, nice buck! He a granddaddy!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	24639839

Name:	IMG_0015 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	24639840

Thought I would revive the thread

Comment

Name:	IMG_0122.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	24640362
                            Not a mock scrape, but you get the point

Comment

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	24640363

Name:	IMG_0268.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	24640364

Couple more. Several scrapes in this area. A corner of a pine plantation next to a hard wood bottom.

Pretty sure I will find a way to hunt it.

Comment

Alright... I’m convinced. I’m gonna have to do this before antler drop. Try to get some use out of it early on for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X