Help with Benjamin Air Riflr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Benjamin Air Riflr

Anyone know where I can find someone who works on air rifles. Live in Corpus but will ship anywhere in Texas. Thanks.

Contact Airguns of Texas in Abilene. He might be able to help you or at least get you pointed in the right direction.

What is the problem with it?

Comment

Check The Benjamin web site.

Comment

I couldnt find anyone in Texas last year so I called the factory and was pointed to a man in Lake Charles. George McAllister if I recall correctly but I cant remember the name of his gun shop. He fixed mine and shipped it back out. He only takes checks for payment so kind of a pain on that front but his price was reasonable and he got the job done.

Comment

Guess I’ll call the factory & try to get contact information. Thanks

Comment

What type Benjamin is it, spring or pcp??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for info

Comment

Pump, so spring.

Comment

I would register on Airgun Nation and start asking questions there. Good luck.

Comment

in

Comment

following

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                        Pump, so spring.

Sorry I’ve never worked on a pump or springer. All I’ve done is pcp’s such as
                        Benjamin, Hatsan, Ataman, Sam Yang, Fx, Xcisco & Umarex.

Comment

I believe Crossman owns Benjamin, anyhow if your Benjamin is the pump type, look up a repair kit online for them, if I recall correctly they have the model numbers separated by a certain year they were made, order the parts and rebuild it yourself there's nothing complicated about it.
                          Remember always keep a couple pumps in it when being stored if you don't it will allow moisture to enter into the compression chamber and begin to rust and not allow the seals to properly hold pressure.

Comment

Hit these guys up. Not sure if they do springer.

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                              Pump, so spring.
                              A pump, is a precharged, not a spring gun. Spring guns, have a big spring, that pushes on a piston. The gun is cocked by compressing the piston and spring, then there is a sear that locks into a rod, that goes through the spring and is attached to the piston. When the trigger is pulled, it releases the piston and the spring pushes the piston to the end of the bore, which pushes the air out and pushes the pellet down the barrel.

A pump gun, you have a piston, that makes up a pump, then a cylinder with a valve. As you are pumping the gun up, every time you push the piston to the end of the bore, it pushes air past a one way valve, into a reservoir, basically a tank. The pump on the gun works just like a bicycle pump, it pressurizes the cylinder or chamber. To fire the gun, usually you have to open a bolt which takes a bit of force to pull the bolt open, when you do that, you are cocking a small spring on a pin, like a firing pin. There is a sear that holds that pin and spring in place. When you pull the trigger, that pin is released, it acts as a hammer and strikes the head of valve stem, opening a valve, that releases the air from the chamber, into the barrel behind the pellet, pushing the pellet down the barrel.

The US pump guns, work in the same way the precharged guns, work, they just have their own pump and typically smaller air chambers or cylinders, which hold less air. They are intended for one shot, per charge. The precharged guns you fill with some remote source, typically have a much larger chamber and which work for multiple shots. Most of the time, are charged to a lot higher air pressure for more power.

That basics of the different types of air guns. The old Benjamin and Sheridan pump guns, before they merged and became the same guns, were the best of the US pump guns. I am a big fan of the Sheridans.

Comment

Working...
                              X