Cook Venison Tenderloin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cook Venison Tenderloin?

I took deer to processor. I said "backstraps and steaks and tenderize." I think he thought I said "backstraps and tenderloins" because thats what I got. Haha. Ive never cooked tenderloin. Just wondering how you guys cook a good venison tenderloin?

salt pepper fire.

You've been missing out if you've never taken the tenders out!

Comment

You can cook it multiple ways. I usually cook it like a steak or even smoke them. They are pretty good with cream cheese diced jalapenos mixed in and wrapped in applewood smoked bacon.

Comment

Tenderloins are the best meat in the deer! There's just not much of it.

Prep however you want, just don't overcook the meat.

Comment

A high heat oil of your choice and kosher salt. HOT fire to rare (medium rare at most!) and then coarse pepper after the cook to avoid burning the pepper so it isn't bitter. Shouldn't need no teef to chew it!

Comment

Remove all connective tissue and fat! Season with what ever you like and baste with either butter or olive oil and place on grill until medium rare!

Comment

Got some in my fridge at the moment needing some cooking, so glad I saw this. I had a buddy once bake it, took the loin soaked in soy sauce, seasoned with salt pepper honey and brown sugar. Wrapped in bacon and baked...Not the way I woulda cooked it but came out mighty tasty

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                salt pepper fire.

You've been missing out if you've never taken the tenders out!
                This. I prefer mesquite coals. Quick sear and eat rare- medium rare. One of the finest cuts of meat in the world. FYI farmed venison loin sells for $37 -45/lb if you can find it.

Comment

Clean up the loins best you can, marinade in Alegra original, season with Fiesta brand Uncle Chris's steak season before placing on the grill, then grill on high heat until Medium (155 degrees). Serve over rice and sweet corn.

You are welcome.

Rwc

Comment

I fried it like backstrap last week. Man it was delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Season with SPG, smoke till an IT of 100, sear it on a hot fire for about 1min per side until IT reaches 130-135. Best cut of meat there is IMHO!

Comment

We tried this
                        Cool so they are firm and easy to cut. Cut roughly 1/4” thick and season to taste. Drizzle with high quality olive oil.
                        In a hot cast iron skillet melt half stick of butter
                        Drop in the tenderloins and sear only. Basically rare medium rare at the most
                        Serve in a piece of pita bread with graded Gouda cheese
                        It was delicious

Comment

pending size of tenderlion, I'll cut them in chunks and then butterfly. I use multipule pieces and wrap in bacon with a little salt and pepper. Grill to medium rare and serve. I do the same with backstrap.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I "know" its probably the best and tastiest way to eat it, but dang, I just cant do rare or medium rare. We try and cook our meat so that its cooked enough, but get it off before it gets to dried out. Sometimes we dont get it. Sometimes we do. Is there a way to cook that tenderloin without "taking it off when its rare"?

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                              A high heat oil of your choice and kosher salt. HOT fire to rare (medium rare at most!) and then coarse pepper after the cook to avoid burning the pepper so it isn't bitter. Shouldn't need no teef to chew it!
                              This! I like to add a little garlic sometimes too.

Comment

Working...
                              X