Canon camera question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon camera question

So I recently bought some new canon lenses 70-200 and the 50mm and the 24-105. I’ve been shooting on my T3I and want to get another body just to have an extra. I initially wanted the 5D Mark iv but have. Noticed the 6d mark II has good reviews as well. The 6D is cheaper and I could get more lenses.

Both will out preform my capabilities but just wondering which option y’all would choose. It will mainly be for portraits, landscapes and wildlife. I do not plan on shooting video

The 6D Mark II gets killed for its dynamic range ratings from DXO mark. They have a little more plastic in the build compared to the 5DIV and only one card slot. The 5DIV doesn’t have the flip out screen if you are big into vlogging.

Have you considered going mirrorless? You can get into a EOR R for the same price as a 6dII and the EOS is essentially a mirrorless 5DIV. It would just take an adapter to run your lens. Or you could sell them to jump into RF mount lens.

Comment

The 5D4 is a heck of a camera body and its built like a tank. If it was me (and especially since video is not a concern) I'd get the 5D4 hands down. A lot of used ones are starting to hit the market now that people are getting the R5 and R6 bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
        The 5D4 is a heck of a camera body and its built like a tank. If it was me (and especially since video is not a concern) I'd get the 5D4 hands down. A lot of used ones are starting to hit the market now that people are getting the R5 and R6 bodies.
        That’s what I was thinking

Comment

There are lots of used ones but they are still fetching $1800+. Except for the control dial the EOS R will do anything the 5dIV does with the exact same sensor.

Comment

Unless you need the full frame and it’s benefits, I would buy a canon 90D. Incredible resolution and frame rate, articulating screen and compatible with ef & ef-s lenses. When we shot RMNP this year, I used my 90d over my 5dIV due to the enhanced range of the crop sensor on my 70-200 and ran a 10-22 3.5 for landscapes. Killer combo and 2/3 the price of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
              Unless you need the full frame and it’s benefits, I would buy a canon 90D. Incredible resolution and frame rate, articulating screen and compatible with ef & ef-s lenses. When we shot RMNP this year, I used my 90d over my 5dIV due to the enhanced range of the crop sensor on my 70-200 and ran a 10-22 3.5 for landscapes. Killer combo and 2/3 the price of the others.
              Thank you sir. I’ll look into it

Comment

I'll throw another wrench into the discussion - if you're looking at the 5d4, I'd just grab an R. You can find an rf/ef adapter with some searching, it's newer tech., more AF points, produces wonderful images and can be found with a battery grip for $300-$500 cheaper than a 5d4. There are two near me for $1400 or less.

If you need the frame rate and want the crop then I'd go with the 90d that Sam mentioned.

Comment

Wow. So many different options. Lots of research to do

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                    So I recently bought some new canon lenses 70-200 and the 50mm and the 24-105. I’ve been shooting on my T3I and want to get another body just to have an extra. I initially wanted the 5D Mark iv but have. Noticed the 6d mark II has good reviews as well. The 6D is cheaper and I could get more lenses.

Both will out preform my capabilities but just wondering which option y’all would choose. It will mainly be for portraits, landscapes and wildlife. I do not plan on shooting video
                    Will there be a Canon 5d Mark 5?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeEMiller60 View Post
                      There are rumors of more mirrorless full frame options but a 5d5 hasn’t hit the YouTube rumor mill.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeEMiller60 View Post
                        I think they put all their marbles into the R5 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                          I'll throw another wrench into the discussion - if you're looking at the 5d4, I'd just grab an R. You can find an rf/ef adapter with some searching, it's newer tech., more AF points, produces wonderful images and can be found with a battery grip for $300-$500 cheaper than a 5d4. There are two near me for $1400 or less.

If you need the frame rate and want the crop then I'd go with the 90d that Sam mentioned.
                          I think im going to get the EOS R. I just bought Canon EF 70-200 f2.8 ISII so I’ll get an adapter for it. From what I’ve seen it still produces great images with the rf/ef adapter. Then I’ll get the Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens for portraits and later this year I’ll get the 100-500 or the 15-35. I like the 5D IV But it looks like mirrorless is the future for now and the glass very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            I think im going to get the EOS R. I just bought Canon EF 70-200 f2.8 ISII so I’ll get an adapter for it. From what I’ve seen it still produces great images with the rf/ef adapter. Then I’ll get the Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens for portraits and later this year I’ll get the 100-500 or the 15-35. I like the 5D IV But it looks like mirrorless is the future for now and the glass very nice.
                            That 70-200 will definitely produce top notch quality on the R with the adapter. I noticed no difference in quality whatsoever when I moved from the 5D4 to the R when shooting that lens.

Comment

Working...
                            X