electric golf cart guys..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electric golf cart guys..?

I was given a EZ Go 36v cart with charger, no batteries. I can get deep cycle 12v batteries at little to cost. If I wire in a series, will this work instead of putting new 6v in the cart?

3 12's will do the same thing as 6 6's.....they will also be lighter....but they will not furnish the same reserve time....

Comment

Will run fine just won’t have the range as 6 six volts.

Comment

I have been using 4 12’s in my 48V for years. Works fine. As stated above you will just be giving up some run time.

Comment

If little to no cost then put in six 12 volt batteries in a series/parallel configuration like my Ranger EV does with eight. This would be the best of both worlds.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
            If little to no cost then put in six 12 volt batteries in a series/parallel configuration like my Ranger EV does with eight. This would be the best of both worlds.

Tim

Yep there are wiring diagrams showing how to do this. Will extend your run time considerably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tim
              I will hit google up and see if I can find a diagram. I did not know this was an option
              Last edited by brushtrooper; 12-06-2020, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Tim
                I'm not a golf cart guy but there's is a huge difference between series and parallel. In series you would have 72 volts. In parallel you have 12 volts.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  I'm not a golf cart guy but there's is a huge difference between series and parallel. In series you would have 72 volts. In parallel you have 12 volts.

Yes but you can do the batteries in (2) sets of (3) batteries each and the put the 2 sets in parallel. Still stays 36V but raises run capacity considerably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Aah, I understand now.

Comment

I want to know where you are getting batteries at a low cost. Every place I see batteries are sky high

Comment

That is a lot of weight in the cart.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X