Why I love Texas, For the first time in over 300 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I love Texas, For the first time in over 300 years

You can bowhunt in Pennsylvania on Sunday.

I wonder if we will ever be able to buy liquor on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      I wonder if we will ever be able to buy liquor on Sunday.

This right here! I Love Jesus, pray often and really don't see the sense of STILL not being able to buy liquor on Sunday or beer after Noon on Sunday.

Comment

When I was a kid yo could not hunt on Sundays in some counties around here.

Pretty sure Van Zandt was one of them as my great grandmother lived up there north of Wills Point

Comment

I have a buddy in PA, hunters are losing their shiz over this and potentially allowing big game hunting with semi autos. They are convinced that all the deer will be wiped out...

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            When I was a kid yo could not hunt on Sundays in some counties around here.

Pretty sure Van Zandt was one of them as my great grandmother lived up there north of Wills Point
            I think g ma didn’t wanna take ya. Lol!

Comment

Im telling my age now. I remember everything was closed on Sundays. Grocery stores, gas stations, every thing. Dad would have to plan the amount of gas we needed to go see my grandparents. We were limited on where we could go once there.

The amount of friction from the gen public when the sale restrictions were lifted for Sundays or when it was being promoted was very high. It was looked down on. I think they were called "Blue Laws". Somebody can correct me on that.

Comment

When I moved to Texas in 1985, my County was dry. You had to go across the river one direction or cross the county line going West to get anything on any day. Interesting times.

But Ronald Reagan was President so life wasn’t so bad.

Comment

I hunt in leon county which is still dry....if they only knew the revenue they have missed out on from me;-)

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    Im telling my age now. I remember everything was closed on Sundays. Grocery stores, gas stations, every thing. Dad would have to plan the amount of gas we needed to go see my grandparents. We were limited on where we could go once there.

The amount of friction from the gen public when the sale restrictions were lifted for Sundays or when it was being promoted was very high. It was looked down on. I think they were called "Blue Laws". Somebody can correct me on that.
                    I remember the Blue Law. I also remember when the city of Wylie would shut down at noon on Saturday and not re-open until Monday morning. That's how it got the name "Wide Awake Wylie".

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                      I hunt in leon county which is still dry....if they only knew the revenue they have missed out on from me;-)

Leon county hasn’t been dry for decades.

Sounds like you’re the one missing out. Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                        Leon county hasn’t been dry for decades.

Sounds like you’re the one missing out. Hahahahaha

Sorry not Leon County but Centerville is dry which is the closest town for us.

Comment

I remember the blue laws too! I kinda miss it. I would rather have that kind of shut down that what we have now.
                          Since the thread has derailed... Smith County (Tyler) was dry until just a few years ago and even now, you can only buy wine and beer. My dad would get so mad if he didn't bring enough wine when he came to visit. I think that's why they chose to buy a house in College Station instead.

Comment

Working...
                          X