Iron Will Wide 125's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Will Wide 125's

So i got a 3 pack of the Iron Will Wide Series 125's for my birthday and am excited to use them this season. All three spun true so i went to test fire one to see how they flew in comparison to my field points.

They flew great and nearly passed through my block target, except i noticed a lot of noise during flight, assuming due to them being vented.

Does anyone else have experience with these broadheads, and did you notice the noise? More importantly, has anyone shot a whitetail with these heads, and did the deer jump the string?

I really like their durability and how they fly but i was surprised at the amount of noise.

I'm shooting the Wides this year for the first time as well

A) that's been a complaint I've read about The Wide series from others

B)Deer will ALWAYS jump the string, Broadhead doesn't matter. Unless you are shooting north of 600ft per second, just shoot them. If not, send them to me and ill give them a good home

If you like how they fly and they tune well, I say fling'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
      I'm shooting the Wides this year for the first time as well

A) that's been a complaint I've read about The Wide series from others

B)Deer will ALWAYS jump the string, Broadhead doesn't matter. Unless you are shooting north of 600ft per second, just shoot them. If not, send them to me and ill give them a good home

If you like how they fly and they tune well, I say fling'em!
      Haha, appreciate the kind offer but i think i'll keep them and put a few animals in the dirt with them. I was shooting one arrow with the iron will and one with a slick trick and just couldn't believe the noise difference.

Comment

I thought about getting some of the S Series to try but not sure there's gonna be enough of a difference

Comment

That's interesting because I just got a 6-pack of Iron Wills for the season and one thing I had noticed about Slick Tricks is the noise. My guess is the bleeders.
          What they hear first is the noise of your bow releasing, not the arrow on its way.
          Also, I've stopped taking shots at deer when their head is down and had much better consistency on the shot going where my pin was. There's a video out there somewhere that shows the effect of the deer's ability to use the counterweight of the head and neck to get the CoG down for that first push off. They are able to react much more quickly with head down than head up.

Comment

You could try some Vaseline on the edges of the vents, see if it quietens them up. Sometimes that will help disrupt the airflow differently. It's worth a shot. I've heard of guys gently rounding the back edges of vents with sandpaper to smooth out the airflow as well. Drastic, and unnecessary, maybe.

Comment

I haven't had an issue with Iron Will and they perform great.

Comment

Comment

I’m shooting them this year. I don’t think they are that loud, I think slicks are louder... even solid heads will make noise, just disruption of air and vane noise. The noise is behind the arrow and not in front of it, only thing deer hear is the bow

Comment

I have the solid 100 125 and the vented 125 wide.. they all make some noise.I think it's the bleeders. I shot an axis with one this year. He didn't move until the arrow hit him.. I hope to shoot a few more animals with them this year..

Comment

I have a question for you guys shooting these.....if an animal like a coon or a squirrel steps out, or even a pig, do you sling an Iron Will at it? I’d be hard pressed to risk losing one on an animal like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        I have a question for you guys shooting these.....if an animal like a coon or a squirrel steps out, or even a pig, do you sling an Iron Will at it? I’d be hard pressed to risk losing one on an animal like that.

I will probably carry some other heads in my quiver for pigs. Just for the slight chance I dont get a pass through on a big boar, I dont wanna be cutting open a pig in the dark in the woods just to get my broadhead back lol

I've already lost 1 of my 3 Wide's a couple weeks back when I forgot to move my slider on my sight after shooting longer distances

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

I've got 2 slick tricks in my quiver for "other opportunities" for this very reason. And I'm running lighted nocks with the Iron Will's.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            That's interesting because I just got a 6-pack of Iron Wills for the season and one thing I had noticed about Slick Tricks is the noise. My guess is the bleeders.
                            What they hear first is the noise of your bow releasing, not the arrow on its way.
                            Also, I've stopped taking shots at deer when their head is down and had much better consistency on the shot going where my pin was. There's a video out there somewhere that shows the effect of the deer's ability to use the counterweight of the head and neck to get the CoG down for that first push off. They are able to react much more quickly with head down than head up.
                            I've read or watched something similar and will be focusing on taking more shots when the head is up. It really makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                              I’m shooting them this year. I don’t think they are that loud, I think slicks are louder... even solid heads will make noise, just disruption of air and vane noise. The noise is behind the arrow and not in front of it, only thing deer hear is the bow
                              There is no questioning that the Iron Will was louder than my Slick Trick as i was shooting them side by side.

With all that said, i agree that they will hear the shot of my bow first before the arrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X