• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    But then you're stuck in Florida.
    Stuck with great saltwater fishing and low property taxes

Comment

Thinking seriously of selling our place next year. Can’t get any deductions for ag or wildlife. Can’t put an out building on it without them jacking up the price as well. Don’t know. It’s only gonna get harder with Philbert in office.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
        What !!! how can that be...................
        Every politician, running for office in the last thirty years,
        has promised property tax reform.........

insane....... no doubt...........................
        yep, then claim they did something about it and they still go up....

Comment

It aint just the hill country a lot of places in East Texas about the same way. We have great schools and an easy drive from DFW straight down I20 so our area has just gotten stupid....

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            It aint just the hill country a lot of places in East Texas about the same way. We have great schools and an easy drive from DFW straight down I20 so our area has just gotten stupid....
            You got that right ! I’ve lived in East Texas all of my life and I can drive down some of these old county roads where I used to roam, they are unrecognizable. A house or double wide around every curve. I had a couple of implements for sale sitting just inside my fence, had a For Sale sign up, I got three calls wanting to buy my house ! True story !

Comment

To get the heck out of the middle of the city. I just spent the last 3 months fighting out of state folks trying to buy a house outside the city...we close a week from today. Houses get multiple offers either at or over asking value and most of the time people offer on houses sight unseen just so they can get it off the market and give them time to evaluate it.

You're absolutely correct the housing market is insane. House prices in S.A. are up over 10% since June and are expected to go up another 6-9% before they stabilize. Property values (and taxes) have doubled in the last 5-6 years. My realtor echoed the same saying its east & west coast folks cashing out and buying here at or over asking price that is driving the prices through the roof.
              Last edited by JonBoy; 01-25-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

The hill country sucks for living. No need to move here. Save yourself the trouble and move elsewhere.

Comment

Yea Wimberley and Drippin suck. No reason to even consider it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

The Combination of Baby Boomers retiring and getting out of the cities, as well as the folks moving from California and other S Hole States has caused a land rush for sure. Seems it’s all over Texas.

Comment

Texas is the new California unfortunately.
                      We have jobs, low regulation for businesses, few covid restrictions, and what was once affordable land.

If you want to buy cheap land...look in California in about 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        Thinking seriously of selling our place next year. Can’t get any deductions for ag or wildlife. Can’t put an out building on it without them jacking up the price as well. Don’t know. It’s only gonna get harder with Philbert in office.
                        Just make sure your out-building is on skids so it isn't considered permanent. That used to be a thing...

Comment

Man even Lago Vista is getting out of control and we ain’t got much to offer. All the vacant lots have skyrocketed in price. My house has gone up 20 percent in a year according to the internet. 4 more years and I might go south. Way south.

Comment

Houses here in Anchorage are selling in 2-3 days.

Comment

Smokeater I think One of the folks on here said once you connect power to it everything changes. I saw 6.5 acres for sale up here for $149,00. If we do sale I’ll advertise it in California !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                                The hill country sucks for living. No need to move here. Save yourself the trouble and move elsewhere.
                                X1,000 it’s terrible!

Comment

Working...
                                X