No announcement yet.

Top Drive on a Ranger Crew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure it has been done but I sure wouldn’t want to use it I hunted out of a CJ7 top drive in some rough Southwest Texas country and it was not a pleasant ride pretty sure the tires came off the ground a few times

Comment

I was actually thinking more along the lines of one that could be driven from the bed with a little elevation as opposed to one that would sit over the cab like it would be on a regular vehicle to reduce issue. However, I’m dang sure not set on it as safety would be my main concern. I have a elevated rack on the back now and it’s great for just sitting but driving sounds like it could be a little dicey. May just sell the Ranger and grab a truck.

Comment

Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
          I was actually thinking more along the lines of one that could be driven from the bed with a little elevation as opposed to one that would sit over the cab like it would be on a regular vehicle to reduce issue. However, I’m dang sure not set on it as safety would be my main concern. I have a elevated rack on the back now and it’s great for just sitting but driving sounds like it could be a little dicey. May just sell the Ranger and grab a truck.
          A good friend has a crew set up very much like this while sitting over his dog boxes looking over the roof. It's more of a quick hunt quail rig. Took two different attempts to get the suspension correct from what he told me but turned out really nice.

Comment

Working...
          X