No announcement yet.

6.8 western

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

131 blackjacks are making a name for themselves, and you can still buy them during this ammo craze.

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
    I hope the bullet manufacturers start producing more heavy for caliber bullets across the board. Would love to see some of the big names offer some heavy .257 options.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      131 blackjacks are making a name for themselves, and you can still buy them during this ammo craze.
      The blackjacks seem to be the real deal. If the big names would start to produce the heavies I think the gun manufacturers would follow with some fast twist offerings and some new cartridges. I’m a quarterbore fan. I’d like to see the .257 take off like the 6mm and 6.5.

Comment

Sierra makes the blackjacks, it should start taking off soon.

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
        The blackjacks seem to be the real deal. If the big names would start to produce the heavies I think the gun manufacturers would follow with some fast twist offerings and some new cartridges. I’m a quarterbore fan. I’d like to see the .257 take off like the 6mm and 6.5.

Comment

25x47 would be freaking awesome. I do love me some short fat ctgs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
            25x47 would be freaking awesome. I do love me some short fat ctgs though.

There are a couple in the wild that the guys at blackjack have been using to test their bullets.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
              I do love me some short fat ctgs though.
              This has sticker potential, I like my Women like I like my Cartridges...

Comment

I shoot a 257 Blackjack. Just wait until that one goes mainstream. It’s gonna be so stinking popular!

Comment

25 creedmoor or 25 prc, mainstream that is.

M
                  Originally posted by LHPanther View Post
                  I shoot a 257 Blackjack. Just wait until that one goes mainstream. It’s gonna be so stinking popular!

Comment

I think the new .277s will take off. You have Nosler introducing the .27 Nosler, Winchester/Browning introducing the 6.8 Westerner, Sig introducing the .277 Fury, Sierra bullets and Nosler bullets will be offering heavy, high BC bullets and I bet Hornady is gonna want to jump in with some too. So I think people will like it just fine. Might even see some fast twist .270 Winchesters show up along the way and show everyone the old dog can still get it done.

And I really think .257 will be next. You can get high BC bullets in every other caliber. The .25-06 and .257 Weatherby are just screaming for some 130-140 gr bullets and fast twist barrels. Or maybe it'll be a .25 Western/Creedmoor/PRC/Nosler. Someone will bring out a .257 with the fast twist, correct throat, etc just as soon as one or two of the bigs decide to provide bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                      Serious Question: What does it do that a 7mm WSM can't? (besides get people to buy more guns/ammo)
                      The real answer is, nothing from the animals’ perspective, but they don’t buy guns !

Seriously, we could all get by with a 22-250 and a 30-06 but how much fun would that be ?

Comment

You mean the 270 Creedmoor

Comment

270 prc would be a better analogy.

Originally posted by black42 View Post
                          You mean the 270 Creedmoor

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            You mean just like 308, 224, 284, and 264 chamberings were?
                            And still are....

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              And still are....
                              Fair enough.

All it would take is one bullet manufacturer and one rifle company to kick it off. Hornady and ruger could probably get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                                When I thought my 6.5 prc could do it all, now this: https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2021/...tern-cartridge
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X