No announcement yet.

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... yea auto correct missed a bunch there. Good lord.... that or the cracks in this screen saver (honestly had to correct 4 words in this post

Ain’t worth reposting and derailing this thread

Daughter got a big doe this evening on another property. She’s tagged out on doe. Neighbor at dairy shot the 8 we were going after tomorrow with muzzleloader. Called me to track. Let it lay till 9:30 or so and tracked 120-150ish yards on very little blood. I bet all of it would fit on 1/2 a business card. Looked like muscle blood to me. He’s been pretty regular at my protein feeder so maybe he shows back up.

I got “ME” she can go after and a wide 9 that we seen tonight. I’ve passed him 4 times but she was just waiting on a good shot. He didn’t like the new pop up even though it was inside wood line and brushed in. The Doe didn’t even pause

Comment

Here’s a short summary of my season. It started off with nothing but a ton of pigs and went downhill from there. Needless to say, I didn’t sit in my stand much this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlife View Post
        Here’s a short summary of my season. It started off with nothing but a ton of pigs and went downhill from there. Needless to say, I didn’t sit in my stand much this season.

This made me laugh. There cutting mine as I type 124 acre bomb. But I like it when they do it. Bigger food plots

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          This made me laugh. There cutting mine as I type 124 acre bomb. But I like it when they do it. Bigger food plots

Yeah you're both gonna be sitting pretty when it's done.

The area I hunt on my lease was graded and few years ago but never cut. I sure wish they would cut it though. It'll never be better than the first 3 or 4 years after it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

The area I hunt on my lease was graded and few years ago but never cut. I sure wish they would cut it though. It'll never be better than the first 3 or 4 years after it's done.
            Yup. Also gives us a chance to improve our trails. These trees were last cut 20+ years ago, so I shouldn’t have to ever worry about this again.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

Yeah I like them clear cuts

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlife View Post
                Yup. Also gives us a chance to improve our trails. These trees were last cut 20+ years ago, so I shouldn’t have to ever worry about this again.
                Yes sir. Gonna have better trails and shooting lanes going forward, especially along the SMZ's where they leave the fire breaks.

Side note: my lease is MLDP so we're still hunting. That being said I am ready to get started for next season. Got some big plans at the lease and our farm that'll keep me occupied for a bit.

Comment

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Late post, but wanted share the wife’s MAJOR accomplishment! I wasn’t even in the country to help
                  In any way, she setup/hunted/and tracked all by herself couldn’t be more proud of her. Also a HUGEEE shutout to my close friend Tshelly, one of
                  The most selfless dudes on the earth, proud to call that man my friend. Preciate you helping her post recovery amigo owe you and the wife a great date night! Hard to find genuine trustworthy folks these days glad you’re in my circle

Last edited by drop dead fred; 01-14-2021, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Congratulations! Nice frame and length on that buck!

Comment

Good grief that’s a great buck. Was that recently?

Comment

That’s a stud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hella deer!

Well done Tshelly also

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang nice!

Tony’s an alright guy I guess [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Late post, but wanted share the wife’s MAJOR accomplishment! I wasn’t even in the country to help
                              In any way, she setup/hunted/and tracked all by herself couldn’t be more proud of her. Also a HUGEEE shutout to my close friend Tshelly, one of
                              The most selfless dudes on the earth, proud to call that man my friend. Preciate you helping her post recovery amigo owe you and the wife a great date night! Hard to find genuine trustworthy folks these days glad you’re in my circle

No worries brother, anytime. He is a freaking stud!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Wow, what a buck. Looks very symmetrical.

Congrats to her.....and to you.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X