No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went back and it wasn’t there, but this was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been wanting to start a thread for folks to share info. Check it out

DFW Bourbon Found Thread

Comment

Sipping on an Eagle Rare store pick. Much better than regular ER, and find myself only grabbing store picks and gifting regular ER.
        Last edited by Riceguy; 01-09-2021, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bfuqua99 View Post
          I've been looking for the Evan Williams bottled in bond. I haven't found any in Waco.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
          Specs should have it - it’s the white label Evan Williams. It’s a great pour for the money, probably my favorite sub-$30 bottle and one I always have in stock.

Comment

Do y’all think these windows will mess up any of the bottles of bourbon or whiskey?

I know direct sunlight is not good so that real bright spot to the left of the lower window would not be good if it’s on a bottle. I’m just wondering if the bottles on the top shelf will be ok from being damaged by sunlight if it’s not directly shining on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Do y’all think these windows will mess up any of the bottles of bourbon or whiskey?

I know direct sunlight is not good so that real bright spot to the left of the lower window would not be good if it’s on a bottle. I’m just wondering if the bottles on the top shelf will be ok from being damaged by sunlight if it’s not directly shining on them.

Feel free to invite me over for a pour anytime. That bar set up is NICE!

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post
                Sipping on an Eagle Rare store pick. Much better than regular ER, and find myself only grabbing store picks and gifting regular ER.
                Funny you say that. I fell in love with ER last year and have been chasing a bottle that would match it ever since. All have been good, but none have come close to that first bottle. The fact that it is more rare than an actual eagle around here isn't helping much. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

I would definitely put your better bottles on that middle shelf.. I don't think ambient light on the top shelf would hurt anything but if the direct sunshine hits em, they will degrade

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Santa brought both of these this year. Both have earned a place in the cabinet as regulars.....if I can find them again.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                      I would definitely put your better bottles on that middle shelf.. I don't think ambient light on the top shelf would hurt anything but if the direct sunshine hits em, they will degrade

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I’ll watch it the tommrow and make sure but only direct sunlight hit that part of the wall I saw but left around 9 to go to the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        Santa brought both of these this year. Both have earned a place in the cabinet as regulars.....if I can find them again.

If anyone wants to know where some smoke wagon straight bourbon is around Houston PM me. I saw 7 bottles of it the other day on a shelf

Comment

Cracking one of these bad boys tonite to celebrate my 3rd little girl and 4th baby total and her and mama both being healthy. Thinking the bookers (beaten biscuits) so I can compare it to my bottle of country ham. Then save the stagg jr for when me and my brother get together as he gifted the bookers and makers to me.

Comment

Haven’t been able to find anything special this season but did grab this last night. Usually a big fan of store picks, have high hopes for this one
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post
                              Where do you get store pick eagle rare? I have a hard enough time finding the regular stuff

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                                Haven’t been able to find anything special this season but did grab this last night. Usually a big fan of store picks, have high hopes for this one

Rookie question, how do you identity that as a store pick?

Comment

Working...
                                X