No announcement yet.

Difference between 150 class and 180 class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bucks! A 150 is a helluva whitetail and bigger than most will ever shoot with a bow. 180 is just HUGE when you compare the 2 side
    by side. 30" adds a lot of weight.

Comment

Always a pleasure to see your deer.. thank you for sharing!

Comment

Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 01-05-2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

So what’s the cost of replica antlers? It really is a great idea and I have a couple that may be great candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d love to just sit in a blind on some of the places you hunt. Incredible deer. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
              So what’s the cost of replica antlers? It really is a great idea and I have a couple that may be great candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yeah I’d like to know that also. I had some irreplaceable deer mounts lost in a house fire and would give anything to have had replicas made

Comment

Yeah I’d like to know that also. I had some irreplaceable deer mounts lost in a house fire and would give anything to have had replicas made
                It depends on the rack, the taxidermist, and how many sets your making. I think each one of these are going to be around $1,300 plus the actual mount, so roughly $2k for the replica and finished mount to hang on the wall.

I have a few euros that get put into a safe and brought out on occasion. One reason for that is that if your going to go through the trouble of having a replica made, then you might as well go through the trouble of protecting the original rack/skull. If you leave them laying around all the time anything can happen, a dog knock them off, a kid drops them, your wife bumps them and brakes the nose etc. Big, native, deer are still rare (thankfully) and they take alot of time and money and help from above to get an animal like that, so these only get displayed from time to time.

Comment

30 points

Comment

Incredible deer. What County/counties if you don't mind me asking? Dimmit? McMullen?

Comment

MAP with the side by side pictures of two fantastic bucks one can say they now know where the term monster comes from. I have guys that will say they saw an absolute monster and when you see the deer its a very nice 150 class buck. Monster category starts at 170 in my opinion LOL. Thanks for sharing. Oh and I absolutely love your replica idea, never even thought about doing that. Awesomeness.

Comment

Those 2's and 3's on the big 10 average around 60''?Nice deer,just trying to get perspective on the 180''.

Comment

Those 2's and 3's on the big 10 average around 60''?Nice deer,just trying to get perspective on the 180''.
                          I just looked at the score sheets, the G3's are 13" and the G2's are 10 & 11 with 26" beams and 39" of mass. The highest score he got with the kickers was 194 3/8ths. I consider him 192" because that is the average score from 5 different people.

Comment

Thanks for posting. That is a good lesson for not judging from one photo and what a true monster looks like.

I’m curious. Maybe I missed it. What were the ages of those deer?

BP

Comment

I’m curious. Maybe I missed it. What were the ages of those deer?
                              The big 10 was 6 1/2, the smaller 10 was 5 1/2 (only shot because of that leg), and the 7x7 was 9 1/2 (his biggest set of horns ever)

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X