Making a sheath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a sheath

I don't know if anybody will be interested in this or not, but I made a youtube video of me making a sheath. There's no talking or explaining, just showing. It's 45 minutes long, but it's even shorter when you watch it at 1.5x speed.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynm6eo-K4rc"]Making a sheath - YouTube[/ame]

Very nicely don Sam.

Comment

Love the feather!! I'm NOT artistic when it comes to drawing things...always wanted to learn how to do some of that but everytime i've tried it looks like crap!ha I'm jealous!! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Good video. What weight leather works best for you? I find that 7 oz. or so works well for me. 9 oz. makes a good sheath, just harder for me to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks.

Most of my sheaths are 6-7 oz leather, but I'll use thicker leather on the bigger knives.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Just watched the video and liked it! One tip I have is to mount the camera on something other the the table you are carving and stamping on LOL

Comment

Ha! I agree. I didn't notice the error of my ways until after the video was recorded.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Great technique and artistry Sam. It's funny, I've spent quite a bit of time over the past few months researching leathercraft. Youtube'd too much, and spent too much time on vendor sites paring down a "want list" of tools to pickup in addition to what I have. Haven't bit the bullet yet, though. Keep it up.....your artistry in this and your other thread are really looking good!

Comment

Thanks! I just buy tools on an as needed basis. You can really nickel and dime yourself to death with leather stuff.

Comment

nice work, what glue are you using?

Comment

Working...
                              X