ID:	24629590
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2509.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	24629591

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Everyone’s crop is looking good this year. I just got on 800 acres that is in Choctaw and Push counties. It’s our first year in the place and it’s timber so no telling what the prior situation was like. We are seeing tons of average to decent 8’s. We are also hoping to stay as long as we can and try to improve the herd. Is that even possible or are we looking at 8 point genetics in the area?

Comment

We have lots of 8's. But lots of splits and kickers run strong on our place. Shot a slick 12 couple years back off our place. Now have this 10 with split g2's.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome buck!!! The largest we have seen are 8’s. No trash yet either!!! Maybe we will see what the rut brings in...not sure what our neighbors are shooting either. Thinking about feeding protein next year to see if that might start to improve things

Comment

Hoping to get more hunting in this year after work kept me away last year. So far I've got a couple of decent ones showing up. As always the bear pic must be added. Good luck to everyone this year.

Name:	2020buck1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	24632189

Name:	2020buck2.jpg
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	24632190

Name:	2020buck3.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	24632191

Name:	2020bear1.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	24632192

Comment

nice! We just completed our work weekend. Everything is ready and cameras are soaking. I'll be up during the first or second week of October to bow hunt and check on things. We already have acorns on the ground so I am hoping the go through them quickly...

Comment

I am thinking of making a trip to public land there next week or the next. Are the deer moving in the daylight hours in early October? It will also be a scouting trip for a return in Nov.

I was fortunate to be able to hunt on land in western Choctaw County, but now they are leasing it. Have not been up there since 2009 and have been wanting to go back.

Comment

Couple more days, I’m sure some of you guys were in this last weekend. There was a camper or 4 wheeler beside every truck. Good luck oh and try to kill every bear in the woods

Comment

I'm heading up tomorrow. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate. I'll be there through Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlersBoy View Post
                              Couple more days, I’m sure some of you guys were in this last weekend. There was a camper or 4 wheeler beside every truck. Good luck oh and try to kill every bear in the woods

I second the bear carnage advice. Choot’em!

Comment

Well just spent a weekend in Honobia checking cams and doing some serious scouting before black powder season. Had to find a new camp site, another big chunk of public land on the western edge of the WMA was sold off, probably lease expansion. Hurts my heart and soul. Lots of memories over there including the last few years with my grandfather. I hope none of y'all are contributing to the loss...

However, deer are hitting acorns hard, and I couldn't find a low limb without a scrape under it. It's heating up! Got a picture of a chocolate antlered stud, named him Hershey.

Comment

Working...
                                X