1911 knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1911 knowledge

I have always been into the 1911, and will be purchasing one soon.

Please chime in and give some recommendations.

I will not be concealing this pistol.
    I want a 45, not a compact

From what I have been told, stick with a Springfield or a colt.

I’m wanting a high quality 1911, not a 600-800 dollar 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I'm a fan of Springfields and OLD Kimbers but thats just me

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

STI makes a great one. Heavy but super nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Les Baer/TRIARC/Dan Wesson/Nighthawk/Wilson Combat/Kings Arsenal/STI (unless they’re purely making 2011s) if you want to take more pictures of it than rounds you fire from it.

Comment

If High quality is what you want, I would look at a Dan Wesson, or STI or Wilson Combat. I am assuming since you said it isn't for carry purposed you are looking for something pretty nice.
          Honestly, the new Colts aren't really the same as the older ones. Springers are better in my opinion.

Comment

STI built in Georgetown Texas can’t beat the customer service and warranty!!!!

Ron

Comment

Dan Wesson, WC, NH or Alchemy. Look at 1911addicts. You can get some really cool guns there at a discount if willing to buy used.
              Attached Files

Comment

SVI is what you seek.
                Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 01-26-2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
                  STI built in Georgetown Texas can’t beat the customer service and warranty!!!!

Ron
                  Well, maybe before they changed directions....

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                    Well, maybe before they changed directions....

As in ?

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                      As in ?

STI is now "Staccato" and their warranty statement has changed.

They used to be made for shooters.... now they seem to be made for mall ninjas.

Comment

Originally posted by jsn713 View Post
                        Les Baer/TRIARC/Dan Wesson/Nighthawk/Wilson Combat/Kings Arsenal/STI (unless they’re purely making 2011s) if you want to take more pictures of it than rounds you fire from it.
                        Les Baer stuff used to be seriously bad A stuff, have not heard that name in a long time, don't know what he is doing now. I would assume his stuff is still great, just a lot more experience since I last saw his work and shot one of his guns.

Comment

Suck it up and buy and nice Series 70.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            STI is now "Staccato" and their warranty statement has changed.

They used to be made for shooters.... now they seem to be made for mall ninjas.
                            Negative...they have just moved away from the more traditional metal/alloy framed 1911's & seems to be a brilliant business move if wanting to acquire one. Get in line.

Lotsa folks making traditional full sized 1911's but just depends on what make up the OP wants...Dan Wesson / Wilson / Nighthawk / LB and other top shelf options are out there.

A legit minty Colt 70 series Gold Cup would be a good snag...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              Negative...they have just moved away from the more traditional metal/alloy framed 1911's & seems to be a brilliant business move if wanting to acquire one. Get in line.

Lotsa folks making traditional full sized 1911's but just depends on what make up the OP wants...Dan Wesson / Wilson / Nighthawk / LB and other top shelf options are out there.

A legit minty Colt 70 series Gold Cup would be a good snag...
                              Oh yeah? Cause used to you could buy an STI, shoot a crapload of handloads out of it, put a different grip on it, mill the slide down to a certain weight, and they would still warranty it.

Now it seems as though cerakoating it voids the warranty..... https://staccato2011.com/warranty-agreement/

Comment

Working...
                              X