F150 tire size and level kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    i think i am going to use the 2.5" spacer i listed here on my own truck, a 2014 FX4, and go with that 275/65/20 tire, i like the taller, skinner look myself, did you have to do any cutting or have any rubbing?

if i do the 2.5" in the front, would you raise the rear at all? i see 1" blocks or the add a leaf option...?
    The 275/65-20 are about an inch taller than my 305/55-20. Although the are taller, they are about an inch less wide than mine.

You won’t have rubbing issues. If I was you, I’d look at the 295/60-20. Almost as tall as the 275, but a little wider. Just my opinion and a suggestion.

A buddy of mine went with the 295/60-20 and they look pretty good...no rubbing
    Last edited by Shinesintx; 01-23-2021, 07:51 PM.

Comment

2013 with maxed out Bilstein 5100s (1.75” lift in the front I believe) and 295/70/17 Yokohama Geolandar M/Ts. No rubbing after 5 mins of trimming plastic liner around the front. Glad I didn’t go smaller.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is my f150 with stock tires and wheels on that same motofab 2.5" kit posted above.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
          The 275/65-20 are about an inch taller than my 305/55-20. Although the are taller, they are about an inch less wide than mine.

You won’t have rubbing issues. If I was you, I’d look at the 295/60-20. Almost as tall as the 275, but a little wider. Just my opinion and a suggestion.

A buddy of mine went with the 295/60-20 and they look pretty good...no rubbing
          I'll check them out, thanks

Comment

whats the deal with the bilstein 5100 shocks? can you use those to lift the truck? it says up to 2.75" of lift, would that be better than a leveling kit with pucks and blocks?

Comment

I just recently did the Bilstein 5100 level shocks with a set of Toyo RT's 275/65-20. They are right at 34" tall but the factory width. I have so issues with rubbing and very minimal road noise.

The Bilsetin 5100's are adjustable from 1-1/2" to 2-1/4" I think. Mine are up all the way and the truck sits with the bed rail dang near perfectly level. So far I love it, the body roll is gone and otherwise the ride is still really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                I just recently did the Bilstein 5100 level shocks with a set of Toyo RT's 275/65-20. They are right at 34" tall but the factory width. I have so issues with rubbing and very minimal road noise.

The Bilsetin 5100's are adjustable from 1-1/2" to 2-1/4" I think. Mine are up all the way and the truck sits with the bed rail dang near perfectly level. So far I love it, the body roll is gone and otherwise the ride is still really good.
                can you post a pic? thats the tire i was looking to go with. did you have to get it aligned?

Comment

Yes I can but not until later today. Yes I required an alignment and I had them install new cams to ensure that they can get perfect alignment. The factory cams get you close but not perfect. As much as I drive I wanted it perfect.

Comment

Here is my setup. Bilstein 5100s at full lift with Toyo RT 275/65-20.

Comment

whats the deal with the bilstein 5100 shocks? can you use those to lift the truck? it says up to 2.75" of lift, would that be better than a leveling kit with pucks and blocks?
                      A leveling “kit” is nothing more than a metal spacer that goes in between your coilovers (front shock and spring) and the top part of where the coil overs were attached. It’s relatively inexpensive ($100) but it’s not optimal for the truck and the handling of the truck. The right way to do it, is to purchase a new set of shocks and springs that will lift the truck a couple of inches. The new coil overs are stiffer, which creates the lift.

Short answer to your question, yes...if you install the springs and shocks
                      Last edited by Shinesintx; 01-26-2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

The next question ya need to ask yourself, is do you want LT tires?

Comment

I have the factory 20s but I’ll post it up for anyone. I’m running bilstein 5100’s on all four corners and max height in the front. 295/65r20 on stock 20 inch rims. Barely rub at full lock on the rear crash bars, nothing to worry about. The ride is better than stock IMO. The rear doesn’t jump all over the place and on the highway the front is stiff enough and rides real good. I would also recommend the ridge grapplers. I only have like 8k miles on them but they are pretty much as quite as any other tire I’ve had on a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jarred View Post
                            I have the factory 20s but I’ll post it up for anyone. I’m running bilstein 5100’s on all four corners and max height in the front. 295/65r20 on stock 20 inch rims. Barely rub at full lock on the rear crash bars, nothing to worry about. The ride is better than stock IMO. The rear doesn’t jump all over the place and on the highway the front is stiff enough and rides real good. I would also recommend the ridge grapplers. I only have like 8k miles on them but they are pretty much as quite as any other tire I’ve had on a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            new springs too or just the bilsteins?

Comment

new springs too or just the bilsteins?
                              Just the Bilsteins, stock front springs

Comment

bringing this back up, i put the 2.5" spacers on over the weekend with some 275-65-20 goodyear ultraterrains and it looks pretty slick. i will post some pics later. it is almost perfectly level, no need for rear blocks like i thought i may need.

Comment

Working...
                                X