2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Got skunked yesterday evening. Only second sit all year where I couldn’t have shot a deer had I wanted to... nada. Got till Wednesday then that’s a wrap, it will be up to the pigeon toed assassin then. Taking oldest nephew after his first pig this evening. Will be a thermal shot, but he should shoot by 8:00
    Got oldest nephew a monster @7:51. Spot and stalk!!! I’ll post later

Comment

Great first pig and awesome teeth. Proud of him. Long stalk
      Attached Files

Comment

That is a nice pig

Comment

Mine ended up hanging the scale at 260 lbs.

Pulled our cams from a 3 week run and found all our target and up and commers have returned. My son was getting worried they had been shot. Ive been telling him they would be back by christmas. Bumps was back on the 13th and tall tine was spotted on the 21st. Food plots are looking good and feeders are filled and turned up to keep them happy till the 4th

Comment

Man you talk about a kick in the nuts. The buck I’m after showed up right on cue this morning...minus both sets of antlers. I am so deflated right now.

This is at least 3 weeks early for whats typical out here. I shoulda shot him in November when I had the chance, but hindsights 20/20.

Comment

Hopefully I get one more go at “ME”. I’ve missed him from 20 minutes-70 minutes last 5 or so hunts. He still has no clue I’m there. Wife has been pretty encouraging and understanding with sits except of course Christmas.... he was under my stand at 7:45 Christmas morning. Passed the 3yo wide 9 again on last sit. 3 bucks together then 2 just broke out into a pretty good fight, lok

Comment

It’s all over but the crying here. Last night on the hwy I saw 2 separate bucks hot after a doe

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                  It’s all over but the crying here. Last night on the hwy I saw 2 separate bucks hot after a doe
                  I’d forgotten the general season ends tomorrow. It always goes by too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    but hindsights 20/20.

Literally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ended up finally getting this guy right before Christmas. Was the only deer I saw for two days. Aged him at 4.5 or 5.5. Pretty good as they normally don’t get that old close to the DCNF.

Comment

Originally posted by kgrutzmacher View Post
                        Ended up finally getting this guy right before Christmas. Was the only deer I saw for two days. Aged him at 4.5 or 5.5. Pretty good as they normally don’t get that old close to the DCNF.

That’s a dandy 8 point! Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice 8 point congrats.

Comment

Last ditch effort this evening. Had the wide 9 that I’ve passed 3 time already come in and a spike. Lone doe shortly after. That’s a wrap for me... seen every deer on that property a minimum of 3 times and could have killed every single deer I’ve seen in East Texas except 1 4pt.......every deer but “Main Event”. Didn’t want to disturb anything tonight so did check cameras, but I’ll bet I missed him this morning or by less Han an hour tonight again.

Pigeon Toed Assassin is on deck now! Doe on another property first and then after “ME”

9 from tonight. I can’t promise him Lola will be as picky. Lol
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Low Fence; 01-03-2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kgrutzmacher View Post

Congrats

Comment

[QUOTE=kgrutzmacher;15371609]Ended up finally getting this guy right before Christmas. Was the only deer I saw for two days. Aged him at 4.5 or 5.5. Pretty good as they normally don’t get that old close to the DCNF.

Nice buck. Congratulations!!

Comment

Working...
                                X