What to buy? 6.5 CRM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to buy? 6.5 CRM?

Not really sure what i need , as I 've always hunted with my trusty 30/30 but as of late have got the itch to try something with a little more long range..
    can I ask for suggestion?

Thanks

David G

uhhhh, you're gonna have to give us SOME kind of criteria lol.
    edit: Without any info I'm gonna say 28 Nosler or maybe 257 Wby Mag or 6.5 PRC.

Comment

Just say screw it and get a 6.5-300

Comment

Anything that doesn't have a belted case.

Comment

For deer and hogs I'd say the .270WSM is a pretty good one. Long range and not terrible recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
            Just say screw it and get a 6.5-300
            droool.... I retract everything I said previously, do this OP.

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            For deer and hogs I'd say the .270WSM is a pretty good one. Long range and not terrible recoil.
            I had a 270 WSM and really loved that thing, regret selling it.

Comment

30 Nosler?

Comment

If you are hunting open lands then 6.5 is fine. Heavy timber and brush you want a more stable robust bullet. By that I mean one that will crash thru small limbs and weeds and not start to tumble. Long skinny bullets that are more bottom weighted don't like to have their flight path disrupted. Now if'n you are recoil sensitive you might want one dem girly boy guns

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  droool.... I retract everything I said previously, do this OP.

I had a 270 WSM and really loved that thing, regret selling it.
                  Shot my first deer with one when I was 13. Doe at 275 yards. Just put her in the crosshairs and squeezed the trigger. To me at that time what I had just done was easy and that's how it was. Later on in life I realized how flat shootin that cartridge really is.

Comment

Shot my first deer with one when I was 13. Doe at 275 yards. Just put her in the crosshairs and squeezed the trigger. To me at that time what I had just done was easy and that's how it was. Later on in life I realized how flat shootin that cartridge really is.
                    Last animals I shot with mine were Antelope. That season it slayed a doe just over 500, doe at 470 and change, and the buck was in the low 300's. All one shot kills in the vitals. That round is just beautiful.

Comment

Thanks

give more, info? man if i knew what the heck i needed or wanted, i would not have put it out there, knowing i would get responses like this

Thanks for your input,,, i value it ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                        Not really sure what i need , as I 've always hunted with my trusty 30/30 but as of late have got the itch to try something with a little more long range..
                        can I ask for suggestion?

Thanks

David G

I’ve been shooting a 270 wsm for about 9 years and really like it. Ammo is fairly easy to find and everything I aim at is drt.

Comment

Apparently 300 blk will kill literally anything up to and including the big 5. Maybe look at that.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            Anything that doesn't have a belted case.
                            Please expound. I would like to hear your reasoning here.
                            Last edited by PlanoDano; 04-28-2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                              I’ve been shooting a 270 wsm for about 9 years and really like it. Ammo is fairly easy to find and everything I aim at is drt.
                              Same here. My 8 year old shot a nice 9 point with my 270 WSM last year. Straight to the dirt, didn't take a step.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X