No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A abu Garcia 5500 with a 7.5’ rod, you can throw a popping cork a long, long ways.

I can throw a spinning set up a long way, but it doesn’t matter which side the handle is on I just can’t get used to it. I will not throw lures with one, I hate it.

I’ve tried to fish a ned rig for bass on one and I just can’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      and to think....you can't even give away a baitcaster in Florida. It mind blowing
      That's the truth!

I have 2 penn battles. I have caught everything from crappie to a 6' bull shark on the 3000.

Like Glenn said, free lining skrimps it's perfect. Hard wind in the surf it'll work also

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any recommendations on the torque poundage on a prop for Evinrude 250? Data and answers I am getting is different...from hand tight to 40 to 70?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
          Any recommendations on the torque poundage on a prop for Evinrude 250? Data and answers I am getting is different...from hand tight to 40 to 70?

Thanks
          Hand tight so you can take it off without any tools other than pliers to pull the cotter pin. Never know when you might spin a hub or pick up some line or other debris on your prop. Prop thrust is 99.9% forward anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Profishiency is about to release one just for you then. Highest IPT ever in a spincast. Got to tinker with it 2 weeks ago. Gonna debut it at ICAST and then it should become available. Zebco's not to far behind with their up and coming improved lighter bullet series. These reels have fishing guides written all over them.
            This is good news, My wife insists on her spin cast rig in the Jetties for Sheephead. She is on her 2nd Zebco Omega, I load them with 20 Lb. Suffix braid. I rebuilt the drag in the 1st one so it is still functional. She played a short game with a Jack Cravell a few weeks back, that was a quick release. ( I was able to recover the line & rigging with another rod in a tangled mess ).

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              Fishing lures with a spinning reel is just awkward. If you’re chunking bait or popping corks a spinner is fine. And a person with a baitcaster that knows what they’re doing can outcast a spinning reel.
              That's why I use 4lb and 6lb ultralight spinning reels now only, when I spin the skinny stuff.

I can out cast any baitcaster setup, with a 1/8 oz micro lure, to rock piles and structure and never get spooled after hookup. And the hookup just turned another regular kind of fight into a special, follow that sob kinda of experience, tackle of this kind provides. Not gonna get spooled going deep, may get spooled if I can't hang on the flat in pursuit or cut off if I can't pull them off the structure.

I am running a mix of fly gear and super ultralight and high end micro spinning reels this year. The species targeted will be everything that will suck down a lure or fly on an ultralight spinning reel. And if it's the right pig - it just may bust some numbers on the line class scale.

Fished a couple of weeks right after the freeze - working ultra light custom spinners. Got into a mess of Croakers running into the Laguna - on the 4lb setup, absolute blast and they hit super tiny setups with no weight flipped and drifted next to the jetties. Everything was a blast and the bite count - folks everywhere around us = NOTHING

The regular cast and blast stuff is along for the ride but, this lightweight game is my new CRACK on the skiff. Pole, electric troll and or putt putt the big engine - the pursuit is on.
              Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-13-2021, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I posted this on its own thread, but figure it's suitable enough for this one, especially considering I'm not sure some of ya ever make it off this thread (especially when Mayhem is keeping up with the daily catch! )

Anyway, I think I may have found a suitable filming option for wade fishing (and yak fishing) trips that don't involve a jerky GoPro head mount AND that allows me to fish without thinking much about trying to frame and film the shot.

Let me know your honest opinion on the footage, especially compared to other self filmed wade fishing footage.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQeHpLd5psU&t=1s"]Wade Fishing Baffin - INSTA360 ONE X2 the perfect Action Cam? - YouTube[/ame]
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

That's awesome Michael!

Comment

Wind up for fly = High end ultra light gear = too much wind for Ultra light gear for the presentation = last option/blast and cast gear

I've got so much blast/cast stick time - decades and decades / dancing different now and the surprise is literally every cast

Comment

That's awesome, amazing how still the footage was even with the wave action.

Comment

Very impressive Michael, I like it! And nice hook ups!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great Michael!

Comment

Great Video. Was that a drone in the beginning or creative camera magic?

Comment

Awesome video Michael!

Comment

ahh crap, the boss is on to us!

Comment

Working...
                                X