Buy American Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy American Resources

How many of us actually practice what we preach? I hear "Buy American!" all the time but these same types go to Walmart and Harbor Freight and get the cheapest they can because, well, cheap. I'm guilty, too, but want to encourage everyone to encourage everyone their families and friends to buy American-made goods whenever/wherever you can. I've got a few sites that I go to looking for USA made if it is available. Please add your own. Some are just curators and refer to the products on Amazon so it's an easy checkout but I'm not sure how I feel about aggregators getting a cut.

Explore BuyAmerican.com for a wide range of high-quality products crafted with American pride. Discover authentic American craftsmanship, innovation, and tradition all in one place. Support local businesses and embrace the spirit of patriotism with our curated selection. Shop now!

madeinamerica.co
    keepamerica.com
    link to a bunch of others... https://cdllife.com/2012/keep-americ...made-products/

Let's walk the walk and support the businesses of our friends, families, and neighbors.

I really try to. I just built a single speed bicycle and it was really hard to make it all American

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

We cancelled Amazon a year ago. We buy American whenever we can.

Comment

I try every chance I get.

Comment

Buy American Resources

I try to as much as possible but I honestly quite worrying about it so much after a friend of my several years back created a broad head that was “American Made”. He explained to me the requirements to receive the American Made title, and I was blown away. Only 10% of his head had to be manufactured here to get the approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the links.

Comment

WalMart is starting to stock more Made in America items. They have the American flag on them. Nearly all of their hand garden tools are made in America.

Thank you for the link, though! I plan to use it often!

Comment

I kind of look at it different. Walmart employs millions of American jobs directly, 10’s of millions indirectly. Amazon is catching up. They’re all supporting our economy. Just buy what you need Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                  I kind of look at it different. Walmart employs millions of American jobs directly, 10’s of millions indirectly. Amazon is catching up. They’re all supporting our economy. Just buy what you need Lol.

Well in terms of our place in the global World you’re looking at it wrong. China has become a superpower Country by selling crap to the USA. Walmart use to sell American made products when it first began. No reason them or anyone else can’t do the same. The USA doesn’t need other Countries for our survival. Sure Walmart and Amazon employs many Americans, but imagine how many more Americans would have jobs if the products they sold were built here.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Well in terms of our place in the global World you’re looking at it wrong. China has become a superpower Country by selling crap to the USA. Walmart use to sell American made products when it first began. No reason them or anyone else can’t do the same. The USA doesn’t need other Countries for our survival. Sure Walmart and Amazon employs many Americans, but imagine how many more Americans would have jobs if the products they sold were built here.
                    True,

But I’m still holding my point that they’re still employing far more Americans than anyone else at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

This is a very quaint and nostalgic look at the issue. Unfortunately, it’s also a pipe dream.

America was the manufacturing hub of the entire world when Walmart first began. That is not the case today.

Stores (corporate and mom & pop) don’t sell a lot of American goods because America doesn’t manufacture much anymore. American wages for skilled work and American corporate tax rates dictate that American manufacturing jobs will continue to be outsourced.

It’ll get far worse once the left rams the $15 minimum wage down the gullets of American businesses.

Comment

Made in America?? Be aware there is a city in China they named......America and a lot of made in America shtuff comes from there

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          WalMart is starting to stock more Made in America items. They have the American flag on them. Nearly all of their hand garden tools are made in America.

Thank you for the link, though! I plan to use it often!

I have noticed items that have an American flag in the box, but are made in China.

Comment

I’m not 100% on this but, I heard that it can be “Made in America” if some of the parts come from America. Like I said, I’m not how true that is.

Comment

What I have seen the past decade is that surprisingly it is the left that has been supporting Made in America and Buy Local etc, with the right just really bitching about it all day but doing nothing. (in my opinion)

Comment

Working...
                              X