X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 hrs after pouring.
    Attached Files

Comment

... I did 6.5 hours before mixing to get color separation. I still think the green may have sank to the bottom...
      What epoxy are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
        ... I did 6.5 hours before mixing to get color separation. I still think the green may have sank to the bottom...

What epoxy are you using?
        I used alumilite deep pour. 7 days until full cure.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

ctom87, have you considered Alumalite clear slow? Has about a 12 minute work time which might keep the colors from blending?

Comment

Yes I have tried that but I don't have a pressure pot so there are tiny bubbles. This leads to the inability to turn due to chip out.

Comment

Harbor Freight has one that a lot of guys use.

Comment

So glad this post exists. I was wondering how good a DIY lathe works for turning wood and if anyone had any plans already drawn up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                  So glad this post exists. I was wondering how good a DIY lathe works for turning wood and if anyone had any plans already drawn up for one.
                  Lots of you tube vids on diy. Not what I would want to do personally. Picked mine up for 150 and added an extension for another 150. Can turn 36" blanks into bats. Just don't have much time.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, I have no idea about DIY lathes. Are you just thinking about trying turning and want to "save" money by doing a DIY or want the challenge of a DIY?

Comment

Sorry, I have no idea about DIY lathes. Are you just thinking about trying turning and want to "save" money by doing a DIY or want the challenge of a DIY?
                      Yes sir. Dont have the money to buy one and didnt want to buy one to try. Figured Id get my feet wet on a DIY and sell some projects to eventually buy one

Comment

Yes sir. Dont have the money to buy one and didnt want to buy one to try. Figured Id get my feet wet on a DIY and sell some projects to eventually buy one
                        Try and find a woodturning club and see if some of their members would let you try a couple small projects with their supervision to see if you'd want to pursue the hobby. If youd like PM me a town thats close to you and I'll try to look up a club for you. Not sure how far it would be but your welcome to come to my place in Temple for a days worth of basic turning.

Comment

Try and find a woodturning club and see if some of their members would let you try a couple small projects with their supervision to see if you'd want to pursue the hobby. If youd like PM me a town thats close to you and I'll try to look up a club for you. Not sure how far it would be but your welcome to come to my place in Temple for a days worth of basic turning.
                          I appreciate that offer but I live north of DFW between denton and Mckinney.

Comment

You can check out

Dedicated to advancing woodturning for turners at all levels and wood art for everyone

or

Woodturners of North Texas out of Fort Worth (no website listed, but I can get you a contact number if needed)

You can also check with Woodcraft or Rockler for clubs in the area for Classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewboy22 View Post
                              You can check out

Dedicated to advancing woodturning for turners at all levels and wood art for everyone

or

Woodturners of North Texas out of Fort Worth (no website listed, but I can get you a contact number if needed)

You can also check with Woodcraft or Rockler for clubs in the area for Classes.
                              That would be awesome, I appreciate the info.

Comment

Another short video with some basic information on using a bowl gouge.
                                [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZPQH5S20aM"]ABCs of Woodturning. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X