• Time
  • Show
Clear All

When checking in this morning I got the following info:
    15 deer killed (5 bucks)
    70 permitted hunters.
    We need a good Sunday fellas.

Comment

Watching this overgrown low area with dead timber from a clump of hardwoods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by frogfuz View Post
        When checking in this morning I got the following info:
        15 deer killed (5 bucks)
        70 permitted hunters.
        We need a good Sunday fellas.

Thanks.

My Friday night was good. Saturday morning was good. I just need both today and the wind in my favor.

Comment

Its time for them bigguns to start moving

Comment

I got a black dog chasing deer in big mineral. West of russels pond. Is someone tracking a deer?

Comment

You mean “black hog” you know they encourage shooting pigs out here.

Comment

Seems kinda uneventful out there this morning. Anybody got their ears on?

Comment

I’m trying to take more pictures today. I’ve been taking a ton of video the past two days but that’s not good for uploading. Plus my signal sucks from both trees I’ve sat in

Comment

Anyone have the breakdown of how many hunters are in each unit??

Comment

I don’t know about other hunters but I’ve only seen deer within the first hour and last hour of daylight. I came into this thinking I was gonna be hunting at some zoo over run with deer. Not the case.

I have seen pigs, bobcats, and coyotes all hours of the day but deer seem to move much less than I thought they would.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonV View Post
                        Anyone have the breakdown of how many hunters are in each unit??

They assign hunters to segments, but don’t assign hunters to units. You could theoretically have all 70-80 guys in one unit as its individual hunters’ choice.

Comment

Originally posted by noflyzone View Post
                          I don’t know about other hunters but I’ve only seen deer within the first hour and last hour of daylight. I came into this thinking I was gonna be hunting at some zoo over run with deer. Not the case.

I have seen pigs, bobcats, and coyotes all hours of the day but deer seem to move much less than I thought they would.

Thats what makes hunting there such a hard hunt. 3 days in the stand. But, it can happen in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m embarrassed to say, I missed a really nice buck this morning at 8:15 in Harris. There was a twig I didn’t see that deflected the arrow down. It could’ve been worse, it could’ve injured him. Perfectly clean arrow though. I’m hoping he walks back through this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                              I’m embarrassed to say, I missed a really nice buck this morning at 8:15 in Harris. There was a twig I didn’t see that deflected the arrow down. It could’ve been worse, it could’ve injured him. Perfectly clean arrow though. I’m hoping he walks back through this evening.
                              What do you consider really nice?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                                What do you consider really nice?
                                Just guessing, 150”

Comment

Working...
                                X