Polymer lower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polymer lower?

Wife's cousin hubby bought new polymer lower receiver for 106.00. Yes. Spanking brand new.

I forgot by which company. Frontier Armory?? Not sure.

They don't make 7.62x51 that I inquired to Brian when he was on his way to buy it.

I wanna GS' take and yalls expert on this. Thanks.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 03-19-2012, 01:59 PM.

I would spend the extra 30 $ or so and get you an aluminum one. I have not heard heck of a lot on them by what I do hear they are not bad at all. Just me though I would stick with what I know and like.

Comment

Originally posted by KHoes203 View Post
      I would spend the extra 30 $ or so and get you an aluminum one. I have not heard heck of a lot on them by what I do hear they are not bad at all. Just me though I would stick with what I know and like.
      Yeah? I see...what else have u heard about it?

Comment

I am curious about this as well. I know I have seen some offered at pretty cheap prices. I read reviews online a while back about the "plum crazy" lowers and they didnt have much negative to say about them.

Comment

These have been around awhile. I believe the one I saw was a Cav Arms polymer lower at a 3-gun match back in 05-06. They had them in some wild colors. The polymer was much thicker than a standard aluminum lower.

Comment

Man...you techno geeks are talking way over my head.

Comment

I have never heard of them "breaking" like some would think (cracking). The weight is really nice on them I will say that. Have a good buddy who is a gun smith and he has shot them and LOVES them and can't say enough good things. I trust this guys opinion 100%

Comment

I saw one the other day at a new store on Veterans Memorial. $120 for a complete lower!

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                  I saw one the other day at a new store on Veterans Memorial. $120 for a complete lower!
                  Yup. 106.00! Lookin to get for both girls to shoot .22lr's and 9mm for wife close quarter combat shooting. Cheaper ammos and plinking fun stuff.

Comment

NFA and pum crazy. From what I understand New frontier makes the plum crazy lowers also.

Comment

Omw to guy to check out the lower!

Comment

I 'm sure the 3500 dollar AR15 infidels hate it here,but is this similar to the Bushmaster Carbon 15 ?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
                          I 'm sure the 3500 dollar AR15 infidels hate it here,but is this similar to the Bushmaster Carbon 15 ?

No need to hate because some people like quality and don't mind paying for it.

Comment

Buddy got one at the gun show about a month ago brand new $99 out the door.According to the research I did they did a test on the polymer one and aluminum one and I can't remember the round count they put through both guns but it was an huge number and the aluminum one finally caught on fire That's all I know about them
                            Last edited by bassinking; 03-19-2012, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
                              I would guess so, Carbon and polymer are the one and the same, I believe...

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

No need to hate because some people like quality and don't mind paying for it.
                              I am happy for the guy that can afford this much and money to blow.

I have no problem with that but it doesn't justify for me to spend that much. I have priorities for the family that comes first and all the fun stuff comes later.

Sometime it is not so much about quality but quantity, in this instance, if it is a good lower like this one, I will buy it for my girls to enjoy shooting/plinking/small game hunting, ammos are filthy cheap. I can build up an upper for cheap as well...if it makes both my girls happy, it is well worth money spent.

I don't hate someone for having so much money. Mo' money, Mo' problems

Comment

Working...
                              X