• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice house man

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
      Google this: Deer Sleigh'r Transport Sled

Easiest way to drag a deer out of the woods.
      I use something similar called the Game Glide. It's a little lightweight foldable plastic tarp that you wrap the animal in after you've field dressed it. It made dragging my deer out of public land (probably 3/4 of a mile?) a lot easier. Then I just put it in the ice chest I had stashed in my truck.

I agree with the comment earlier that it's best to not worry about this part until after you've made the kill. Gutting a deer/hog isn't that complicated, and using a slide or sled or cart to get it out makes it easier too.

Comment

Well I am new , I have only one hog under my belt. But I just gotta say thanks for all the comments folks and thanks to DessertDug for asking all the Questions I want to ask!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
          Get a good backpack( External frame) and pack the meat out.

In TX you can only quarter the animal( bones kept in leges)

In other states, they allow you to bone it out as long as sex is still attached.

I would recomend having a buddy that can help you pack out the meat after the kill!

( place meat in clean plastic trash bags before placing it in your pack to keep the meat clean)
          Couldn't add any thing to this. I always have a ratty old igloo 96 qrt in my truck with 3 or 4 frozen milk jugs if hunting on warmish days.

Comment

Originally posted by bughunter View Post
            this
            BUGHUNTER....DUDE.....took me a moment to realize what I was looking at.

This is pure genius. This may be the best tip I have learned on the internet in MANY years.

Thank for posting up the picture. For several years I have been carrying my ladder blind on my game cart. it never accured to me the make the ladder blind into a game cart.

Well Done Sir!!
            Last edited by Timemachine; 10-17-2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Glad to help

Comment

glad to see this tread is still breathing. However, I have yet sealed the deal and get a chance to us all this great info.

Comment

Hunt with a buddy.

Preferable one that can carry our 160 pounds on his shoulders.

Comment

I do it this way.

Comment

Heck ya Log. I like it

Comment

Working...
                      X