X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlumCrazy

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      I wasn't dissin ya man, I understand everyone has to buy what they can afford. I said that because they run about the same price point and really are about the same quality. Also I still have a Tasco scope on my 300 Win Mag that I bought on my first rifle over 23 years ago. Made a 346 yard kill with it the last time I shot it about 5 years ago and it's never been touched. Want to talk about irony, I mounted a 4-16 x 40 AO Tasco in some sort of see through scope mounts on a BAR! (rifle in story above) but I spent so much on the rifle that's all I could afford at the time, so I know exactly how you feel, LOL.

I really have no personal experience with Barska, but I haven't read a lot of great things about them. If they work for you, more power to ya!
      Oh no, never thought you were dissin me at all. Its all good brother! Just heads up on why I have Barska on mine. I didnt know they were on same price level. I only have seen tasco only t Wally World and I dont shop there often neither.

Yeah. I buy and own what I can. I do read reviews on em, especially on models I have before buying it. It was all good and positive reviews.

23 years? Im only 20 years behind you. I started out and which is why I dont have high ends product on my stuff. If I was hunting since I was a young kid, I prolly would have nicer upper end by now, ya know. Its all good to me.

The way I see it, Im just thankful and fortuntate enough to have what we have because right now, somebody out there dont have nothing. I can't really be a wanton or be envious of others or competing with The Joneses. Its not about that for me. Im happy and things r going the way its going for us even if Im talking about scopes. Hehee...

I appreciate every and all of your posts. Keep em comin' I have a highest degree of respect for every one of you because every one of you have a knowledge or two I can always learn a thing or two. I am sure there are few things yall can learn from me. After all, thats what TBH is all about. Power in numbers! :thumbup:

Comment

Mike D. If you really want a firsthand experience. Look for my old thread on how I shot three coons, three hogs under a very low light condition with my Barska scope out 135 yards in dark and no or very little moon and with only solar powered motion sensor.

That was before I got EWT feeder light. :thumbup:

Comment

I could be wrong, but I read that the NFA and plum crazy were made at the factory. From what I understand they are just alike, just a different name on them. I have not read about any problems w/ either though. I have been considering buying one to build a 22 off of for my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Brannon74 View Post
            I could be wrong, but I read that the NFA and plum crazy were made at the factory. From what I understand they are just alike, just a different name on them. I have not read about any problems w/ either though. I have been considering buying one to build a 22 off of for my kids.
            Different material on the New Frontier. Same molds though different place. NF are stronger from the tests.

Comment

My preference is t7075 thank you. but here you go.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaFevpTka-I"]LW-15 Polymer AR-15 receiver -- Torture Test #1 -- Fire Control Group - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qpnmi3XPP8"]LW-15 Polymer AR-15 receiver -- Torture Test #2 -- Receiver Strength - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEAYW_2y4VU"]LW-15 Polymer AR-15 receiver -- Torture Test #3 -- General Strength - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Tell you what. have Magpul make a polymer lower, then we will talk. And not the china doll plastic remake either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  My point that was people always have to comment some negative garbage about folks that can and do pay for quality, arguing that the cheap stuff is just in good when in fact it's proven that it's not.

Anyway, the polymer lowers are too unproven TO ME to be a crash test dummy so to speak for them.
                  Sorry Mike D,I just wanted to get the thought of the regular workin man
                  I'm just a $1100 metal AR infidel. I would like to build one for my wife and I've seen the Bushy C15 at Academy. I believe it makes the same hole down range as an $3500 AR, some guys here have optics that cost more than my AR,but I dont hate them.I'll try one of those GLOCK type AR's for under $700.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
                    Sorry Mike D,I just wanted to get the thought of the regular workin man
                    I'm just a $1100 metal AR infidel. I would like to build one for my wife and I've seen the Bushy C15 at Academy. I believe it makes the same hole down range as an $3500 AR, some guys here have optics that cost more than my AR,but I dont hate them.I'll try one of those GLOCK type AR's for under $700.
                    It's not just the lower driving the price point...you can get GOOD stripped metal lowers in the $100 range.

For another +/-3 bones, you can get a complete Colt 6920 & have a battle proven gun that you can get your money out of if you need to sell.

My guess is you will take a hit on the dixie cup if you ever need to dump it...good luck.

fwiw....

Comment

The Frontier and Plum crazy Lowers are one in the same, here's proof....side by side , notice the molding marks..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Basically the New Frontier Armory lowers are made on the same molds as the PCF lowers but have an upgraded spring kit and a slightly tougher polymer blend

I still prefer the metal touch

Comment

As a chemical engineer and someone who has built 30+ complete AR's, use standard forged aluminum lowers. Unless you do something absolutely stupid, they won't break or deteriorate over time. Plastic will eventually crack and degrade, due to the nature of the material.

Plenty of 7075 aluminum lowers to be had for the price you paid for the plastic one.

Comment

Working...
                          X