Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western draw hunts hitting insufficient funds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western draw hunts hitting insufficient funds?

Most of these elk draw hunts etc. are now set up to auto pay from the applicants bank account, what happens when many of these bounce in the coming weeks, are those tags going unused? I know some have 2nd draws but some do not.

Next person up. If your card bounces they move to the next person on the list from the original draw. Utah used to call you and let you give another payment option if your first didn't go through but I think they stopped that.

Comment

It depends on the state. Some states have ‘credit card update’ deadlines after the application period closes, some states will try to contact you and try to get you to update your payment, others you’d be SOL.

Depending on the state, some tags will automatically be forfeited by the ‘winning’ applicant (if CC payment is insufficient) and the tags immediately go back into the normal draw; other states the tags may go into second draw or leftover. Each state is different, however in 0 cases do the tags just disappear.

Comment

Are there any apps/websites that helps organize all the deadlines for applications for draw Hunts? I’ve never put in and would like to start.

Comment

I cancelled my credit card about 10yrs ago before the Arizona draw. I drew the tag, and was passed over because it was canceled. Still have bouts of depression over that deal.

Comment

Mine won't bounce.. I have a card for special purchases that I use for things like that..

Comment

Here in Wyoming you pay before the draw and then if you are not successful they will return all of your money minus a small fee.
              So, knowing that, I would think you would know right away if your card did not go through.

Comment

I know Colorado has a certain amount of time after the draw is posted for you to pay for the tag.

Just how many states don't require the full fees up front?

Comment

Working...
                X