No announcement yet.

Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice mixed bag, love the BWs in there too!

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
      very nice mixed bag, love the BWs in there too!

Thanks. Yeah the BW drakes looked really good. Lots of color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        Went and did a bay hunt this morning for the first time, got there late and missed some shots we shouldn’t have but still got on some birds. Was able to bag my first read head and to make it better he was a stud drake!!!! He’ll be heading to John at Trophy Masters in Corpus Christi so that I can remember my first duck season with the mount. Can’t wait for it to be done!!! [ATTACH]943706[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]943707[/ATTACH]
        Already anticipating next season and I cannot wait to get out there and shoot some more!!

Nice! Now you’ve got the fever!!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
          Nice! Now you’ve got the fever!!

Oh man, for sure!!! Already going to start watching for end of season sales on shells and looking to buy 2 dozen diving duck decoys to add to the spread. Duck hunting is the most addicting sport I’ve ever picked up and I love it!!!

Comment

Had a pretty good morning. Taking kids out tomorrow to finish out the season.

Comment

Last day mixed bag. Got more than we bargained for!

Comment

best duck of the year
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by progolferv1 View Post
                  best duck of the year

Nice!!

Comment

Well, it wasn’t a very good season up my way. Had a few good hunts, but overall the worst year in my memory. Water conditions were pretty good, the ducks just never got here in numbers.

There were several mornings that we probably didn’t see a couple hundred ducks flying. That is pretty much unheard of around here.

Comment

Well duck season is over. Wasn't the worst season ever, not the best by far, numbers wise though. If your able to get out and go hunting I dont see how that could be a bad thing.

Over 500 ducks killed by us on public water this year locally. Wasnt able to make 600, just didnt have the birds the last week or so. Several hundred more not locally which we do not count officially. Definitely not bad for mild temps and insane amounts of water spreading the birds out

First hunt to break 100 ducks in one hunt, that was a wild one. We had the birds, so why not.

I guess this year really shined was top quality birds to be mounted. I have at least 5 myself at the taxidermist.

Had 3 different friends kill scoters. 1 surf, 2 common. Along with more goldeneye than I have ever seen here.

The blue wings stayed all year. No better year that I have ever seen in my 25+ years of waterfowl hunting to kill a really nice full plumed bluewing. I already have one mounted, but several friends got beautiful specimens for the wall.

I guess we saw it all this year, the good, bad, and ugly. Hunted with plenty of old friends, even made some new ones while out hunting. Hunted the tried and true spots and even found some new ones. All in all, another great season on the upper coast in the books.

Hope you guys enjoyed the season as much as I did.

Comment

Ended up the last day with more ducks than geese. I took two Canadians and one blue bill. I had a couple groups of mallards sneak up on me and never fired a shot at them. Pretty good season over all. Got a few more weeks of goose season, then looking forward to next year. We hunted some new places and learned plenty this year.

Skooter

Comment

Congrats to everyone!
                          Had a great season. Made great memories and was able to stay on birds pretty much all season. 2nd best season ever for numbers. For me though , just being out in the marsh and field is Fabulous. Also 1st season for my chessie I got from a member here. She has turned out to be a great dog. Close to 300 birds retreived by her. Can't wait for early teal season to get here.
                          Last edited by DUKFVR; 01-27-2019, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Well..... the best I’ve ever done locally in a season was a hair over 400 as a group. The worst was 50........ until this year

3.....3...... less than 4,3! Went out west a few weeks ago with 3 others. Killed 13 one morning and 3 the next(every bird that came in)

19 birds as a group for the season. I killed more with my pellet gun as a 8 year old (31 years ago). Typically have a few hundred 2 weeks after season at the dairy. Waiting to see if they even show. Dumpster for sure

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              Congrats to everyone!
                              Had a great season. Made great memories and was able to stay on birds pretty much all season. 2nd best season ever for numbers. For me though , just being out in the marsh and field is Fabulous. Also 1st season for my chessie I got from a member here. She has turned out to be a great dog. Close to 300 birds retreived by her. Can't wait for early teal season to get here.

Wow, just cant beat that. Staying on the birds all season was a heck of a feat not accomplished by many this year.

Sounds like a heck of a season to put on a young dog, that's the way to do it. How much harder did it drive you hunt, being your pups first season?

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                                Sounds like a heck of a season to put on a young dog, that's the way to do it. How much harder did it drive you hunt, being your pups first season?

Congrats
                                THANKS!
                                Can't really say it drove me any harder with the pup. I drive hard always. Duck hunting is my life other than family. Nothing I would rather do. Whether killing or not I never get tired of it after 48 years of going. I will hunt till 11-12 just about every hunt I make unless I limit sooner.

Comment

Working...
                                X