Scoreable Point? And score guess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scoreable Point? And score guess?

This buck is a 7 or 8 depending on whether he has a brow tine. Is that left brow tine 1 inch? What does he score? If he’s a 7 I’ll enter him at Cola Blanca.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont believe it is. Good mature buck though!

Comment

It's very close. 115"
      Last edited by tbgascorer; 11-30-2022, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Nevermind
        Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Comment

HD picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think it's an inch which makes him a 6 pt. If other brow is broken, then they might not accept it as a 6pt though. Los Cazadores requires bucks in the 6,7 and 8 to have Brows as their points. That kept me from a 6 pt jacket one year. I know you mentioned CB, and they don't care where the points exist but broken points count as a "point" .

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
              I don't think it's an inch which makes him a 6 pt. If other brow is broken, then they might not accept it as a 6pt though. Los Cazadores requires bucks in the 6,7 and 8 to have Brows as their points. That kept me from a 6 pt jacket one year. I know you mentioned CB, and they don't care where the points exist but broken points count as a "point" .
              Thanks for the info. Unless I’m mistaken, he has 7 points if the brows aren’t counted. Three on his right and four on the left. The fourth isn’t visible in the first picture. I’ll have to get some better close ups of him to see if the right brow is broken or just too small.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                Thanks for the info. Unless I’m mistaken, he has 7 points if the brows aren’t counted. Three on his right and four on the left. The fourth isn’t visible in the first picture. I’ll have to get some better close ups of him to see if the right brow is broken or just too small.
                Gotcha- I didn't see a 4th point on that side from pics. He looked like an "8" with no scorable brows (absent any possible broken brow on his right side). Based on very vague recollection of past years, not sure he would compete as a 7 if he doesn't break 120ish but might also be determined by which category. High fence usually kills bigger 6,7, 8 etc than low fence but not always.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                  Gotcha- I didn't see a 4th point on that side from pics. He looked like an "8" with no scorable brows (absent any possible broken brow on his right side). Based on very vague recollection of past years, not sure he would compete as a 7 if he doesn't break 120ish but might also be determined by which category. High fence usually kills bigger 6,7, 8 etc than low fence but not always.
                  That’s a good question. They don’t have any 7s listed for the past two years. Not sure if there weren’t any entries or what. And only one on the board this season.

Comment

It will score over 1".. It's leaning back at a fairly good angle. I think it's easily 1"..
                    He would still get shot though..

Comment

A mature 127 inch 7 pt.

Comment

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Comment

mature and 112

Comment

Working...
                              X