Western Hunting Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western Hunting Pants

What brand of pants do yall use for elk hunting in the mountains? I have light weight warm weather pants I use for hunting in south Texas, but I'm thinking I might need something a little more durable for the rocky stuff.

I have a hunt in December, so it will also likely be cold. But I plan on layering up underneath my pants.

I like the first lite catalyst soft shell for colder weather western hunting. Super comfortable but they do run a size large ime. If your sitting for long periods of time may consider a pair of puffy pants but they are not durable

I have a pair of Vuni softshell that is about the same quality but has more pockets.

For everyday wear I like firstlite corrugate guide pants

For whatever reason I’ve found the first lite pants are my favorite, with Kuiu and the Vuni jackets being my favorite outerwear
    Last edited by txtrophy85; 10-18-2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

what ever you currently have unless you just want to spend money

Comment

100%

I have wool base layers for cooler weather if needed

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          what ever you currently have unless you just want to spend money
          I like that answer!

Comment

Originally posted by ElPescador24 View Post
            I like that answer!
            I have hunted Colorado and New Mexico combined about 25 times and typically wear non insulated overalls if its warm and insulated if cold. There literally is no reason to buy really high end clothing.

Comment

Im building a set out of Kryptek right now. Ive always been the old school blue jeans and sweater hunter but im gonna be walking many miles this trip and dont want to sweat my *** off. So far the stuff Ive got in seems to be really nice. Love the camo pattern too.

Comment

If you're on a budget these have worked for me surprisingly well.

Comment

I really like the prAna Zion pant.

This ReZion™ style has everything you could ever need for the journey. Discover the Men's Stretch Zion Pant II. Shop Now

I've also had good luck with Kuhl Renegade's.

Stay active even on a rainy day with KÜHL Renegade™ men's outdoor pant. Adventure-ready, quick dry fabrics with DWR offers durability and freedom of movement.

I wear both in hunting and non-hunting situations.

Comment

Kuiu Attack for a good all around pant that can pull double duty in TX when the temps drop.

Comment

Originally posted by tanto View Post
                      Kuiu Attack for a good all around pant that can pull double duty in TX when the temps drop.
                      This.

Comment

I have some first lite that I wear here, and out of state.

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-...Pant/193065354

100%

I've seen these recommended by a ton of people. Just haven't gotten any yet.

Comment

Badlands Catalyst , Sitka Mountain pants..

Don't over do it on the under laying if you're doing a lot of hiking and moving.. You'll be sweating. 1 under layer and pants is plenty is 30-40 degrees. If you're stopping and glassing get a pair of zip off puffy pants that you can take on/off when you stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-...Pant/193065354

100%

Best early season Elk hunting pants I've found.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              I have hunted Colorado and New Mexico combined about 25 times and typically wear non insulated overalls if its warm and insulated if cold. There literally is no reason to buy really high end clothing.

There is no way I would want to be backpacking in several miles then hiking several miles a day in insulated overalls! To each their own though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X