Let’s talk over and unders! Suggestions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s talk over and unders! Suggestions wanted

So, the wife has been gracious enough to let me splurge on an over and under if I so choose. But Bc I’m looking to get a nice one, I gotta make it count. As of right now I’m kinda leaning towards the beretta silver pigeon iii in 20 gauge and 28” barrel. With that being said, I’m a little torn on of I should get a 12 over a 20 for versatility. This will be mostly a field gun for upland game and sleet shooting but for fun. I’m not a competitive shooter nor do I have the time to be but it is a little easier to shoot light loads in a 12 than go heavy in a 20.

With that being said, anyone have any input on gauge or even a different field gun worth looking at. Mainly, want something very easy on the eyes and that will last a lifetime. I’ve always been partial to Barrettas. But a Cesar would be a fine gun, how ever I haven’t had a chance to hold one and they are proud of them and I don’t j one much about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should try the gun forum. They love this talk over there..

Comment

Any of the quality gun makers' guns will fit your needs. Rather than a particular brand being the deciding factor, focus on finding one that will also fit your build. The better a gun fits you, the better you'll shoot with it. Get measured to see what kind of stock dimensions suit you best. Or at least just go to a store that has several guns and find the one that fits you best. If it's not the gun you want, find out what the stock dimensions are. Then shop for another gun with those dimensions in a make/model/price that you like.

Comment

I thought this was going to be a gambling thread.

Comment

I have a red lable, silver pigeon, CZ, and a couple Yildiz.
          The red lable is the only one that ever gets brought out.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...splay.php?f=53
            Is it like the PACE forum, but with guns?

Comment

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...splay.php?f=53

I love this approach - maybe we should use this for the terrible Covid threads posted over here…

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                Is it like the PACE forum, but with guns?

lol...no there is quality info in there..

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Any of the quality gun makers' guns will fit your needs. Rather than a particular brand being the deciding factor, focus on finding one that will also fit your build. The better a gun fits you, the better you'll shoot with it. Get measured to see what kind of stock dimensions suit you best. Or at least just go to a store that has several guns and find the one that fits you best. If it's not the gun you want, find out what the stock dimensions are. Then shop for another gun with those dimensions in a make/model/price that you like.
                  I shot skeet and had my 410 fitted. When I bought a 12 gauge had it adjusted to the 410.

Shane is on his game this week...

Comment

lol...no there is quality info in there..
                    Good to know. I need to venture over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      This is the best advise. I have a 20, 28" silver pigeon and absolutely love it.

Comment

Not sure where you’re located, but I would make a trip to the Beretta gallery and get fitted and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My personal preference is for price point you are chasing, you cant beat a Beretta.

If going 20ga or smaller, I would stick with the a silver pigeon series (price/wood/grade depending on what you want to spend). You could up your game and get a combo set. I did this long ago and absolutely LOVE it.

20ga 28” and 28ga 26.5”

I shoot the 28 ga WAY more than the 20 ga.

If wanting to step up to 12ga., I would turn my attention to the 682 Series and all the configurations you can get.

Comment

20ga will work, no need for getting a 12ga just for skeet. The 20 is more than enough.

Comment

Assuming by skeet you mean the actual semi circle of shooting targets from 2 different houses than a 20 is enough. But if you think skeet is anything with that little orange target flying through the air, IE sporting clays, 5 stand or any of the other 25 sporting games you may want to bump to a 12.

My personal thought is buy what you want and have it fitted to YOU. Most of the guns mentioned are set to 'fit' the average person. Its not that a CZ will fit you better than a berreta when both could have the same measurements right out of the box.

And by all means dont let the guy at bass pro or academy tell you what fits you better.

Comment

Working...
                              X