This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMU to Big 12?

The Big 12 will no doubtedly need to rebuild the conference is A&M leaves or else its doomed to disappear completely. I wouldn't mind seeing us push for Houston, wish we could find a way to add TCU. But SMU...?

What say you GS? Any thoughts on this building story?

SMU athletic director Steve Orsini believes his school is ready to join an automatic-qualifier BCS conference and has made his case to certain Big 12 officials.

Houston, TCU would be good adds for the Big 12 for sure

Comment

I think they need to stay in the Southwest Conference where they belong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SWCFamily.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	24010756
      Last edited by Burnadell; 08-25-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I think regardless of if the Aggies leave the Big 12 or not they should still pursue the likes of TCU, SMU, and UH. They are all up and coming programs.

GIG EM AG'S!

Comment

I feel like UH is the most logical choice but I must admit I more than a little biased.

Comment

TCU is heading into the Big East right?? Why would they stop that and come play in some dinky Big 12 conference?? And lose out all that National TV time, not just LHN time. UH and SMU would be great for the Big 12 IMO. And an off school like anyone from the Sun Belt conference in a state that has a SEC team. The UT can recruit in Alabama, just like they can recruit here if A&M goes SEC. Why is no one thinking that way? And then even Iowa State will have some competition!!

Comment

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing a few more Texas teams in the conference. I just hope it sticks together. Not becuase I'm overly ecstatic about the Big 12 as a conference but because if not then our teams are going to end up playing all over the country and we will never get to see them play.

Comment

UH and SMU would be a step down, they're better off blowing it up.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Agreed, I see it going to 4 super conferences before its all said and done.

Comment

Yep. Heard discussions of BYU, would be a move in the right direction. Maybe Boise St wants to play in a real conference with AQ?

Comment

OU had been eerily silent through all of this. Wonder what they have up their sleave?

Comment

Originally posted by huntinag96 View Post
                        OU had been eerily silent through all of this. Wonder what they have up their sleave?
                        OU is a "Big Boy" program and will be able to name where they want to 'fit in' just like Texas will if the Big 12 goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinag96 View Post
                          I'm sure they are the least worried about what is going on. They would be the first with the phone ringing if the conference splits.

Comment

This!

Comment

TCU would be good in big 12

Comment

Working...
                              X