Home Wi-Fi Mesh Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Wi-Fi Mesh Recommendation

We will be moving into the mew house at the end of the year. We have always had phone hotspot internet being out in the country but will now have fiber. House is 4000SF under roof and I would like to have signal throughout the yard~1ac.

What should I be looking at? Don’t need anything fancy as I’m not a IT guy. Just want food interwebs everywhere in the house and in the yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Eero and have been pleased with it. Very easy setup and use.

Comment

For large home check out
      Netgear Orbi
      Linksys Velop
      Eero
      TP-Link Deco
      Asus ZenWifi

I have the Asus ZenWifi and it worked great in my previous house. I kept the wifi after the divorce and have it in a much smaller house. I'm in software development and work from home so push it a little harder than most. Works great. Peak days it will have 3-4 Alexas streaming music, couple of tvs streaming, me working, kids doing homework or kids playing games on multiple devices, AC, front door lock, some lights, etc. all on it. I think I had 22 active devices is the most I've had at 1 time and never blinked. Also has some of the best parental controls and security on it if that matters. But can't go wrong with any on the list that I put above.

Comment

I went with eero about 45 days ago and I have a bunch of happy family members. It is crazy how far away have signal now. Very very easy to set up.

Comment

Eero is what we have. It’s strong enough that my gate 100 yards away can get signal enough to work over wifi.

Stupid simple to set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My IT guy at worked told me to get eero....he uses the same at his home. Easy to use and very affordable.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
              I use Eero and have been pleased with it. Very easy setup and use.
              Eero was recommended to us by our IT contractor. I can’t say that it’s better or worse than anything else out there, but it’s worked for us.

Comment

Another recommendation for eero

Comment

For those using the Eero, which model do you have? And do you also have the Eero extender or just the Eero?

Comment

We are using Tenda, but I am going to switch to eero.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      For those using the Eero, which model do you have? And do you also have the Eero extender or just the Eero?

You will need the gateway plus how many other eeros needed for coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        You will need the gateway plus how many other eeros needed for coverage.

What is the gateway?

Comment

I have the Google system and have been happy with it. My kids say they love it because their internet is not "laggy" anymore. Eero is better I'm sure but my google system has been great.

Comment

I’ve been running the orbi setup for over a year with no issues. Stupid range, I get signal on most of our 5 acres. 1 main router and 2 satellites.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              What is the gateway?

Looks like they’ve changed up the naming a little since I installed mine.

There are now routers and extenders.

This should work for you.

Amazon eero 6 mesh Wi-Fi system | Supports speeds up to 500 mbps | Connect to Alexa | Coverage up to 4,500 sq. ft. | 3-pack, one router + two extenders, 2020 release https://a.co/d/g6wW54g

Comment

Working...
                              X