Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    A fish gaff would work perfect
    Yes, that would work as well. I just don't know anyone that has a fish gaff. There's no fish around here that big. Shoot there ain't no water here for a small fish to live in.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
      How would I do it?

That's your question?

I have both a backhoe and a bobcat, so I would probably use one of those to move dirt on top of the hole and go on about my way.
      Nah, they're worth a little bit of money so I can sell it to a fur buyer. Plus I shot it so I need to try and get it. I don't feel right leaving stuff to waste. Unless it's a skunk or a rat or somethin.

Besides, who wants to pass up an adventure and a chance to learn how to do something? Not this guy.
      Last edited by okrattler; 12-04-2022, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I pulled a dead cat from under a house once with a big treble hook on the end of a cane pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          I pulled a dead cat from under a house once with a big treble hook on the end of a cane pole.
          Interesting. Maybe some of that heavy string people use to make jug lines,drill through a piece of PVC pipe and run it through and tie it off. I think that would be easy enough to make. I have the stuff to do it.

Comment

I'll report back on the badger. I'm waiting on my buddy to get his butt out of bed. He won't answer his phone. We're gonna go shoot a few pheasants and then go get my badger. Sumbuck needs to quit hitting his snooze button. We're burning daylight.

Comment

Bailing wire, a screw on the end, and a pvc pipe. Run the wire thru the pipe, tie it off on the screw at the end. That will make you a loop that you can cinch.

Comment

Find someone w a Dacshund on the badger recovery page!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Google

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                    I'd get a shovel and dig out the burrow some to retrieve it, you'll know real fast if it's dead or not.
                    No way I would stick my hand and arm down there, lots of fleas and vermin live in those burrows with badgers.
                    This

Comment

Besides, who wants to pass up an adventure and a chance to learn how to do something? Not this guy.[/QUOTE]
                      The real adventure would just be reaching in there and grabbing him bare handed, not knowing if he's dead or not. Don't short change yourself on the adventure....

Comment

Made the snare pole. It didn't work too well. I couldn't really see very good but I could feel him on the end of the pole. I just got a shovel and dug enough that I could reach in and drag him out. As I suspected the ground was like trying to dig through concrete. He was stuck in there pretty good. I don't think that was even his hole he just saw one and went down it. Looked like a hole that had been there a while. A different badger probably dug it.

Got a limit of pheasants too.
                        Attached Files

Comment

As tight as he was stuck in there when I started pulling I figured he still was alive. I had my pistol on me just in case.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 12-04-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            I'd get a shovel and dig out the burrow some to retrieve it, you'll know real fast if it's dead or not.
                            No way I would stick my hand and arm down there, lots of fleas and vermin live in those burrows with badgers.
                            Fleas and vermin ain't what I'm worried about when I stick my hand in a hole. Badgers or snakes biting me is what I'm thinking about usually. Apparently that don't concern me a whole lot either cause I do it.

The hospital ain't that far away. As bad as he stunk I doubt anything else was in there. He fumigated it for me.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 12-04-2022, 01:00 PM.

Comment

The one I made would have worked ok had I been able to see what I was trying to grab. The problem with mine was if you missed and pulled the loop tight it'd go back up into the end of the pipe if it didn't have ahold of anything. I needed a stopper on the end. Also the wire had been on a spool so it wasn't much of a loop. Some steel cable would be way better.

Comment

Saw two more badgers today,killed one. No snare pole needed. It was running out in some corn stalks and went to cut through the rows and I got a shot off. Ran maybe 15 yards after getting shot but dumped just short of its hole. The other one did a dive down its hole and never came back out.

Comment

Working...
                                X