No announcement yet.

Looking for a handgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ez shield is my vote. Awesome guns that handle very well. Plus you can choose manual safety or not and both come with a back strap safety

Comment

I carry a S&W Sheild 9mm and have been nothing but satisfied. I will say, the trigger on the standard shield is pretty gritty, but if you can find one that's been upgraded or a performance center you can avoid that.

Comment

I would get a EAA witness. Something with a crisp trigger. My wife can’t hit anything with a long trigger pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          When practicing, yes. In a panic situation I am not sure. Is there a big difference with the shield?
          I don't think there's a lot of difference between the shield plus, hellcat, and 365, honestly. They are all quality firearms and boil down to preference. I've shot all three and personally prefer the shield (not the EZ). The shield vs. the shield EZ is that one is striker-fired and the other internal hammer-fired. They say effort to rack is about half but I'd say it's more like 60% The mags are designed to be easier to load as well. I don't like the rear safety system that is similar to a 1911 as for some reason it just looks/feels "off".

As mentioned by another, I think you'd be better served getting her a toy gun in a box with a card telling her you'll get her one and let her fire and pick it out or something along those lines. Good chance for father-daughter time at the range...

Comment

I’m not a Glock guy but unless she’s really a gun person it’s hard to beat one for home defense. The 19 fits m small hands. If she is going to carry, a Sig 365XL might be the way to go. Fairly concealable, can have a manual safety and shoots like a bigger gun.

Comment

My daughter has a 43x that is kept in the house and she carries when needed. Single stack with 10 rounds or change the mag release and get 15 round shield mags. I carry a 48 and 43. The 43 was what I got for her but she liked the larger grip of the 48.

Comment

Working...
              X