No announcement yet.

Men over 50, do yall use a multi-vitamin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been on the GNC train since I was probably 17. My daily is multi vitamin, zinc, vitamin d, & joint supplement.

Comment

Not over 50 but most days take a Now Adam multi just to fill in any deficiencies I may have in my diet, which is probably quite a bit since that's mostly meat, beer, and sugar.

Comment

I also only take the gummies, Multi, A, B, C, D, Zinc, Elderberry, Calcium

Comment

Been taking a multi-vitamin daily plus fish oil for many years.
          Does it help? I believe so.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

D3, C, Turmeric Curcumin, Milk Thistle, Fish Oil (when it's not on the plate that day)

Good Stuff there

Comment

Those that take Zinc.

If you include red meats or eggs in your diet, almost never ever necessary.

If a Vegan, you better but you're not likely here at this site. ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                40+ and get the pre diabetes multivitamin pack from Costco for $30 per 60 days. It's the same one at gnc with a little different packaging.
                Brother I WAS pre-diabetic and ended that through intermittent fasting and sugar removal. You can do it. Look for Dr. Jason Fung on YouTube for IF and e everything diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                  Centrum Silver for Men. I always feel great
                  Same for me. Like other have said, I don't eat terribly bad and exercise but know I don't eat enough good stuff (veggies) so I'm just helping out by taking these.

Comment

How do you guys that take fish oil combat the burping taste/smell of warm cut shad...

I tried it but did not like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                      Brother I WAS pre-diabetic and ended that through intermittent fasting and sugar removal. You can do it. Look for Dr. Jason Fung on YouTube for IF and e everything diabetes.
                      I was prediabetic also. Dr said cut out everything white in my diet. I did, that was 38lbs ago and now have good sugar numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        How do you guys that take fish oil combat the burping taste/smell of warm cut shad...

Drink a beer or glass of wine or scotch.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                          I was prediabetic also. Dr said cut out everything white in my diet. I did, that was 38lbs ago and now have good sugar numbers.

All the men in my husband’s family developed diabetes by the age of 40 so, early on, we eliminated “white” and other processed foods high in simple carbohydrates from our diets in an effort to get ahead of the problem.

Almost immediately, he lost about 20 lbs, along with the “wheat belly” he was beginning to develop (I found it, though). Today, he is 61 years old and his numbers are perfect.

His attitude still needs a bit of an adjustment, though.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            Drink a beer or glass of wine or scotch.

What is the fish oil supposed to do? Does the oil come from a specific species or will any old species do?

Comment

It's fat soluble so you have to take it with some other source of fat if you don't want the burps, half a jar of peanut butter works great.

Comment

From my experience the fish oil with krill are the nastiest. Here's what I'm currently taking and they are good IMO - https://www.gnc.com/omega-fatty-acid...B&gclsrc=aw.ds. And for the record I'm far from 50

Comment

Working...
                                X